Dublin, California
1.9K views

I colored my redhead hair for FIVE YEARS wih eSALON.com hair color; was very happy with it. We developed a formula and they kept it SPOT ON month after month.

But lately, my redhead hair color has been turning out BRASSY, not "natural"-looking as before, AND the hair color would fade rapidly. The reds do fade but shouldn't fade within two weeks. So one month ago, I asked my hair stylist who cuts my hair, and she is also a master colorist, to color and cut my hair. What a difference!

I'm getting compliments from women I don't KNOW in the grocery store on my color AND the color isn't fading! I'm going to just stay with my hair stylist - I believe eSalon.com is "cutting corners" to make more bucks - big surprise.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

YOU'RE RIGHT. I used them since the beginning and I recently quit because I had two orders that ended badly in a short period of time.

It's also very frustrating because I know it's a hard thing to do, dye foruma from photos, so I always post photos with detailed information and they NEVER read them.

I've even been to their HQ and they were very nice but the problems remain.

I still actually love their non-dye products. They are surprisingly good, but their haircolor quality has gone down the tubes and I think they falsely advertise how much they really customize your formula and what they are capable of.

eSalon
#1194946

We apologize that your recent color applications turned out brassier than they were previously and have faded faster. Even if your formulation hasn’t changed, several factors can affect overall color results, such as more frequent shampooing, sun exposure, or lifestyle changes.

Since our color is customized, you can modify your formulation to help reduce color fading and/or brassiness by reaching out to your colorist. While we’re sorry you were unhappy with your results, we’re glad you’re stylist was able to assist you with your color goals.