Most horrible hair dye I have ever used. It turned all sticky/waxy and took me 4 times to shampoo it to get it out of my hair.

Not to mention I never signed up for auto-shipment and I received another shipment without prior authorization to charge my credit card. I thought it was against the law to charge your credit card without authorization. I didn't even know my credit card info was being saved.

Please don't waste your $$. Madison Reed is way better!

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

The formulation for this shampoo is awful. It’s like putting wax on the roots of my hair.

Gross and impossible to get out. When I contacted esalon they told me the product is supposed to be like that. Why?! When I get my hair colored in a salon my stylist doesn’t shampoo it for an hour and pull out chunks of dye.

I can’t believe it’s intentional. Disgusting !!

Turned my hair extremely waxy and sticky and I have been coloring my hair for 30 years!

I have been using them for 6 months now and this is the 2nd batch I get that leaves my hair sticky/waxy. There's an issue with the formula because I have washed my hair 5 times now and still have the waxy/sticky/greasy look! I'm done with esalon!

eSalon
@Anonymous

We’re sorry to hear you’ve been unable to rinse out any of the residue gel hair color formulations like ours can leave and can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

Please give us a call and we’d be happy to recommend a color-safe clarifying shampoo that will help with this since it's specifically formulated for that purpose. We can be reached toll-free at (866) 550-2424, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday at your earliest convenience.

eSalon

We're sorry to hear you’re having difficulty rinsing the color out of your hair and appreciate you sharing your experience.

Gel formulations (like our color) can be tricky to rinse out fully. Any remaining residue can leave a sticky/waxy feeling; however, a color-safe clarifying shampoo will help with this since it's specifically formulated for that purpose.

We're also sorry if you missed the information about our recurring service during checkout when

placing your first order through an eSalon promotional offer. This just explains that you can

pause, modify or turn off the service at any time through your account or by giving us a call.

Your review is not associated with your eSalon account.

So, please give us a call as we’d be happy to help you. We can be reached toll-free at (866) 550-2424, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday at your earliest convenience.