10361 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
1.6K views
4.2

I have recently joined the autoship program with eSalon. I have used the product and was pleased with the results.

I also ordered a keratin gloss product and I liked that as well. I have read a lot of negative reviews on here, which is alarming. I realize situations and people, including health, are different. I am expecting my second shipment and I intend to use the product.

My personal reservations so far are the following: 1. so many poor reviews about eSalon's customer service. 2. common chemicals in the dye that can cause allergic reactions at any time for an individual (meaning after the 1st use or even after the 25th use of the product).

3 my own health history that may not make it beneficial to use hair dyes containing certain chemicals related to allergic reactions. This covers most cosmetic companies. I read a few postings about hair loss. Aside from medical conditions that can cause this, the chemicals in most hair dye do not help.

I have been researching alternatives. There are a few companies who actually make permanent hair dye without the big offending ingredients. They are more expensive but have generally positive reviews. It would be great if eSalon would consider formulating products with organic ingredients for those who request it.

An organic formula is always appreciated.

As for the customer service aspect, I have not had any other experiences other than providing my specific information and requests to my colorist. I will keep you posted!

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Good quality.

eSalon Pros: Product results and packaging.

eSalon Cons: Uncertainty if certain ingredients may be in my product.

Comments

Evy
#1281941

Hi Sherry - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we’re happy that you love our product and that the second formulation matched perfectly. We look forward to crafting your next custom color.

I also order from ESalon. I love the product.

My hair color is matched perfectly. First time was a little darker than I liked.

Got it lightened up a bit for the second time. I'll continue using them.

Evy

While we’re happy to hear you were pleased with the results of our products, we are also concerned about the poor customer service reviews and have done our best to resolve the issues to our clients’ satisfaction.

We use only the highest quality ingredients and pigments in our advanced salon-grade formulas. This allows us to deliver superior gray coverage along with rich, long-lasting, healthy-looking hair color.

In addition to the necessary ingredients needed to add color to your hair, both our Permanent and Demi-Permanent formulations include conditioning agents such as vitamin E, B5 and aloe vera, to help soften and strengthen your hair.

In rare cases, one can develop sensitivity to hair color over time, even if one has previously applied the same brand of hair color with no reaction. If this occurs, we highly recommend not applying any brand of hair color until your doctor has determined which ingredient(s) you are allergic to. It’s important to note that ingredients deemed organic can also be allergenic.

This is why eSalon (as well as most hair color brands) recommends performing a skin allergy test 48 hours before each hair color application. We include a Product Safety & Usage guide with every hair color order with details for this test.

We are always looking for ways to improve our products and customer service and appreciate your feedback.

eSalon Reviews