1K views

I would like to reiterate the comments about nasty, gummy residue in hair. I just cannot get rid of it and am now forced to leave E Salon.

You are not aware when you are applying product. It is the showering afterwards - 45 mins and hair is still slimy and nasty and no amount of shampooing removes this. What on earth are E Salon using in their product? Would like to agree with this Post (below).

I am having the very exact same experience and it is just horrible. Esalon has changed something in their formulation and the color is near impossible to wash out. I have been using their service for years, I know how to use their product, they have definitely changed something. They know how difficult it is to remove their color, read any of their replies to these reviews.

Rather than fix whatever change they have made, they have adopted a blame the user reply. It seems really, REALLY counter productive to sell a hair-color product that requires multiple shampoos to remove. That or brilliant marketing, you are washing out your fresh color minutes after applying it, needing more and keeping them in business. :P Should you happen to try it, please know, you may well spend A LOT of time in the shower.

Even loosening the color as instructed, it may be a LONG process. When you think you have it all rinsed out, move the wand and your hair will foam some more. The last 4 or 5 colors, I have literally spent 45 minutes in the shower trying to remove all the color from my long hair, even though I just do root touch up. I still have 2 or 3 days of sticky, gummy dull hair.

It's so gross afterward. Seriously gross. Probably not healthy for your scalp or hair to have that product clinging to your head for days. If I didn't have so much gray to cover, and this product didn't provide such good color over my gray, I would be done with them.

Vanity forces me to continue, I just know now to color when I will not be going out for the next few days. Esalon knows they have this issue, they suggest users go buy a build up removing shampoo, why aren't THEY providing this product in the kit? The shampoo they provide is nice, but they seem to know it's inadequate to remove the color. FIX THAT Esalon, you remove the convenience of home color by forcing someone to leave the house with gross hair to buy another company's product to attempt to remove YOUR product from their hair.

It's convenient. They do a nice job on my color. It covers my gray hair. It's fairly reasonably priced.

For those reasons, I will continue to stay. I am just not satisfied with the experience of using the product and the few days after use. It didn't used to be this way.It shouldn't be this way. Review about: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Product changed. Preferred solution: Provide an adequate shampoo to remove the product. . I liked: Original formulation.

I didn't like: Current formulation. Review #1084440 is a subjective opinion of MellyMel2017.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am a first time user. I really wish I had read the reviews.

I have spent an hour plus trying to remove the sudsy, sticky, soapy, tacky residue left after the initial treatment. I used the provided shampoo and conditioner afterward, thinking it might somehow neutralize the stickiness. My hair came out in globs, and there are still suds.

Havent even looked at the resulting color because my hair texture is so gross. I wish I would have ordered Madison Reed like I first wanted to.

I have been using e-salon color for about 3 months. At first I was happy with the color even though it was horrible getting the sticky goo off my scalp.

After 4 washings and missing an important event because I couldn't get the thick goo out of my hair I thought of how Dawn dish soap is used on animals after oil spills to save them. The Dawn dish soap finally worked. I have never had this happen with any other hair color but this wasn't the worst of my problem. I had lost a lot of hair and from the length of new hair coming, in I knew that it was from the time that I began using this product.

I will no longer use this product. WARNING DO NOT USE