Erie Auto Credit - Business sold vehicle that was in dire need of repair
Dear Pissed Consumer,
I have had my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchased from Erie Auto Credit for a year. Since the purchase of my vehicle, I have had it in the shop close to 20 times for everything from the radiator to the actual engine. The full engine had to be replaced because it was running erratically and was detremined via professional engine mechanic that 3+ inches of sludge on the engine due to misuse by the previous owner.
The management and the owners of Erie Auto Credit preach that they will help you "restore" and "rebuild" your credit upon purchase of a vehicle at their establishment. Since the purchase of my vehicle, I have had it in the shop more than I have driven it, and it has done nothing to help my credit, it has actually made it worse because of all the repair costs. I have paid more in total repair costs than I have in all my car payments combined.
Erie Auto Credit and it's management and associates also claim that all vehicles (albeit used) are "serviced" and "inspected" prior to sale. If my Jeep was serviced properly prior to sale, a failing engine, radiator, fuel pump, and every other failing part would have been detected.
They do absolutely nothing to help me. In fact, when I file a complaint/review publicly on their Facebook page, they single me out from all the other customers like i'm ***. They take absolutely no responsibility for selling me a failing vehicle and state that they don't have a "crystal ball" to which they can view to see what is wrong with vehicles prior to selling them.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "Was at kmart on 26th street in erie pa. Worst customer service i have ever seen. I am a 38 year old father of 7. My son got a pair..."
- "We were wondering WHY ARE FAVORITE CRACKER TASTED FUNNY. After opening up the box this is what we found. We purchased this at giant eagle Yorktown Plaza Erie Pennsylvania..."
- " I to tried their free sample and was thrilled! And bought more. everybody's taste isn't the same. My vaperversary 1-09-2016 1 year of nosmoke, I just ordered some..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."