Erie Auto Credit - Business sold vehicle that was in dire need of repair
Dear Pissed Consumer,
I have had my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchased from Erie Auto Credit for a year. Since the purchase of my vehicle, I have had it in the shop close to 20 times for everything from the radiator to the actual engine. The full engine had to be replaced because it was running erratically and was detremined via professional engine mechanic that 3+ inches of sludge on the engine due to misuse by the previous owner.
The management and the owners of Erie Auto Credit preach that they will help you "restore" and "rebuild" your credit upon purchase of a vehicle at their establishment. Since the purchase of my vehicle, I have had it in the shop more than I have driven it, and it has done nothing to help my credit, it has actually made it worse because of all the repair costs. I have paid more in total repair costs than I have in all my car payments combined.
Erie Auto Credit and it's management and associates also claim that all vehicles (albeit used) are "serviced" and "inspected" prior to sale. If my Jeep was serviced properly prior to sale, a failing engine, radiator, fuel pump, and every other failing part would have been detected.
They do absolutely nothing to help me. In fact, when I file a complaint/review publicly on their Facebook page, they single me out from all the other customers like i'm ***. They take absolutely no responsibility for selling me a failing vehicle and state that they don't have a "crystal ball" to which they can view to see what is wrong with vehicles prior to selling them.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against ORV for FALSE advertising. If you own an ORV or Northwood trailer that has problems, please contact me, the more owners we have, the..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "There is a store on Aliexpress called "Fashion Magic Box" or "EI Joqan" DO NOT order anything from them, they will claim that they ship the item and then when..."
- "I have only spent money on deal dash once which was today. Total waste of my time and money. Every time I would try to bid on an items such..."
- "Was at kmart on 26th street in erie pa. Worst customer service i have ever seen. I am a 38 year old father of 7. My son got a pair..."