Featured on Facebook

Just recently I had a couple Energizer batteries explode in my maglight. Bye Bye maglight. Went to the store and found out that Energizer is promoting that their batteries are 'leak-proof'. Leak proof my ***.

Related: Energizer - Review about Aa Battery from Tampa, Florida

The no-leak guarantee is a very poor marketing claim. Why make this no-leak claim if it isn't true? The mere fact that they make the effort to tell us they are leak proof makes me suspicious that they have a major issues with leaking batteries.

I am concerned about the other Energizers I have...thinking about switching to another brand. Why would they add this claim unless they are prone to leaking?

Review about: Energizer Batteries.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Energizer Battery
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $40
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Energizer?

Comments

buy Duracell like I do

Did you even bother to look at the picture you posted? It says "No leaks guaranteed or we will replace your device." Rather than running to the internet and making a post that makes you look foolish you should have filed a warranty claim to get your flashlight replaced. Bet posting here doesn't do that for you.

eastbayguy

Happened to me to, but you know what I contacted them and they not only sent me a claim for to replace my flashlight they also sent me a coupon to replace the batteries.Oh and not just the 4 in the light but coupons that were for $16.00 ( if i remember correctly).

Very good coupon !

someguy

well. ok then. so, you're nuts.

MikeBrady

Did you contact them about it?A guarantee doesn't mean it won't happen, it means that if it does, they will take care of it.

Did they really explode?Or just leak?