EMTEK does not stand behind their products
10+ years ago I built my home and used Durango levers throughout. Recently several of them started BREAKING. I called Emtek's customer service because on their website it states that they provide a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The CSR told me that the Limited Lifetime warranty only applies to products purchased since 2012. Anything purchased prior to 2012 had only a 5 year warranty. What? Who in this day and age expects their door handles to start breaking after a few years (and these are not $30 handles either but rather $150) ? Either way shame on me for not paying attention when I bought the product. When I asked them to provide me with the mentioned warranty they declined saying that it was my responsibility to keep the warranty slip that came with the product.
The CSR actually suggested that I purchase a replacement product. RIGHT! I am just about to spend $130 - $150 per door on a product that does not last and that is produced by a company that does not stand behind their products.
The bottom line is that EMTEK does not stand behind their product and their product is ***.
STAY AWAY FROM EMTEK PRODUCTS!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Emtek Durango Lever
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My name is Kimberly It's weird I had the same problem. I am documenting and taking photos because I'm suing them for the crappy job. My walls are soft, and..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "I purchased a JELD-WEN fiberglass exterior front door from Bay Area Molding & Door which installed the door for me in July 2013. The main reason why I chose..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "...when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what the package shows but received alot less..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "I have ordered few times & each & every time they charge extra and promise early delivery. It never happens. Including today's birthday delivery that I was charged about $5..."
- "Linda B. Wilson 1099 oid tax fraud -A federal grand jury has indicted 55 people in relation to a huge tax fraud scheme involving hundreds of false income tax returns..."
- "Bought less then a month ago and AlreAdy falling Apart completely and went to the store to try and get a refund with a recipt and they didn't want to..."