128 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 10, 2021

The store manager that was assigned my complaint, I was told she quit. I can't say that I blame her!!!

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC.

I also reached out to the mfg, Pulaski, to let them know the situation. I am still sleeping on the couch.

Original review updated by user Oct 28, 2021

Called the store to ask about a Pulaski San Mateo bedroom suite. I spoke with Lenny, who I found out is the owner of the store.

I told him some of the other stores I talked to said the mirror to the dresser was being discontinued. He told me that was not true and he had some ordered to come in within days. I told him I did not want the set if I could not get the matching mirror. With all the pieces that I wanted, plus a mattress and box springs, my order also included Platinum White Glove Delivery (Full Assembly).

With everything, the order was over 8K dollars. Lenny put Dave on the phone, who he identified as their mattress expert. He said I was picking the wrong mattress for me and encouraged me to switch to a Serta mattress and box springs. Although it was more expensive, he told me both the mattress and box springs were in stock and I agreed.

I asked Lenny how much down payment he needed to place my order. He told me since I would be getting the bedroom suite within 2 weeks, I would need to pay the full amount. I was ok with that and paid the full amount. Everything went downhill from there.

Turns out the mirror, mattress, and the box springs were out of stock. These were all items I clearly asked and was told they were in stock. The store kept trying to get me to accept delivery on the items they had and wait for the other items. I refused for a couple of reasons.

The big one is, I no longer trusted anything they told me. Dave told me if I cancelled the order, I would be charged a 30% restocking fee! The other reason is simple: what good would a bedroom suite do me without a mattress and box springs?

After not getting any answers on when I could expect my order, I demanded my money be returned. I told them I thought it would be fair for them to keep a 2K dollar deposit but the rest I wanted to be returned until the order was completed.

It took until almost the end of July to get my money back.

The Platinum White Glove Delivery I paid for included that all pieces would be unpacked, inspected for any damage, repacked and shipped to me. The delivery company was to deliver and completely set up and remove all packaging.

Finally, the delivery company called to say they had recd all items and scheduled my delivery for Aug 27th 2021. To prepare for the new bedroom suite, I gave away my current bedroom suite. Someone from the store called to get the full payment.

The day after I gave away my current bedroom suite and paid for the new furniture, I was informed that the delivery was not complete. The mirror was damaged, and they wanted to deliver the other items. Since I had told them from the beginning, I did not want the set without the matching mirror, and I couldn't trust them to deliver the mirror once I accepted delivery on the other items, I told them I would not accept delivery without the order being complete.

Once again, I insisted on them returning my money. They have refunded all but 2K dollars.

I have been waiting now almost 4 months on furniture that they told me was in stock and ready for delivery. Since I have already given my bedroom suite away, I have been sleeping on the couch for the last few weeks. I have asked for updates and I am not getting any responses.

This store will tell a customer anything in order to complete a sale. I would not recommend them to anyone.

UPDATE 10/28/21 A few weeks ago I was given a delivery date of 10/29/21.

That would be tomorrow. I was just called and told FOR THE SECOND TIME they would have to cancel due to EMMA MASON FURNITURE STORE sending them, the delivery company, damaged goods. All these issues and problems, the store wants to blame on Covid. NOT TRUE.

When I first order this bedroom suite, I was told everything was in stock.

They lied and they continue to drop the ball on delivery. They don't care about customer service at all.

User's recommendation: Avoid Emma Mason Furniture.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Emma Mason Cons: Will tell you anything to close the sale, No follow up.

Comments