Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user May 02, 2021

Hired Emerald Locksmith LLC out of Minneapolis for a replacement key for my car. The Technician came out to the house, took an hour and a half to do the programming but when he turned the key the engine turned over but would not fire.

Turns out the technician was unaware of the specific steps this particular make and model of car requires to program a replacement key with a transponder and this neglect ended up frying the ECU (computer) for the car. The company refunded the money I initially paid but now the car is unusable and has been ever since they connected their equipment to my cars computer on November 5th, 2020. The mechanics at the local Mitsubishi dealership say its a minimum $1,600.00 repair.

Emerald Locksmith, LLC company has been very unprofessional including continually hanging up on me when I call them. It seems they have no intention of standing by their work.

User's recommendation: Do not use Emerald Locksmith, LLC located in Minneapolis, MN.

Preferred solution: Pay for the repair costs and relating costs to have the cars computer replaced. .

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

As a locksmith from another company, I have to stand up for Emerald here, and against the Dealership in this case. As soon as you said Mitsubishi, I immediately call red flag.

Any new, or even seasoned locksmith can run into this issue with the Mitsubishi. Basically, they have to know a trick, which is a trade secret, but I'll happily share it with there technician, next time I run into him. It's a simple trick to finish programming that locksmiths generally keep a secret. I really hope you were not foolish enough to take this to the Dealership before getting a second opinion.

Dealership is ALWAYS last resort. Always, always, 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion before going to the dealership.

They're kids in adult bodies who rarely have the same real world experience as hardworking emergency locksmiths and mechanics who work on cars from every year and model, and come to you when you are down and out, SAME DAY. I'm sorry Emerald had this experience with such an ungrateful foolish customer.

Emerald Locksmith Minneapolis Reviews