Emerald Integrations – Buyer Beware
When I made my purchase from their website for a Tundra review camera integrated into the handle, it read OEM handle. Upon receiving the unit, it was in no way an OEM product. I first noticed that the camera was hand glued into the handle. Not a big deal if it was aimed properly. Second thing I noticed was some part number on the actual handle had been defaced and painted over with some type of heavy glue.
I contacted Emerald Integrations and they said their product is OEM integrated but not OEM but they stand behind their product. I was concerned that the product they displayed on the website was no where close to what was sent. They replied in writing that the website had a mistake and it would be corrected. I already had the product so I decided to install.
Handle fit as promised. During the install of the camera wire I noticed that the wire was exceptionally thin. Knowing this I placed the entire wire in a plastic flexible wire loom. Ran it all the way to the front and during the last 1’ it snags on a plastic retained piece and sustains a cut. This forced me to cut the wire and splice it together. While doing this, I noticed that the wire was no thicker then 26 gauge. Surprisingly thin wire and the sheathing sliced way to easy
compared to when I use to install stereos and car alarms for over ten years.
Upon firing up the camera, it was a very good picture but noticed it was aimed way to low. I could see all of the bumper and some of the actual tailgate but you could not see more then maybe 6’ behind the vehicle and no where near the horizon so you can see objects before you are on top of them.
Contacted them again to discuss the cheap wire and the camera pointed at the ground. They showed interest in customer service at first in the wire and asked for photos. I sent them photos of the wire splice and also the camera angle from the screen compared to what they showed on their website. After a few days of using the camera and comparing it to what they advertised on the website and other vehicles with backup cameras, I realized this unit was
simple glued in improperly and also at a slight left angle. I inquired with them about getting a replacement and they went dark. Not answering the phone, returning message or emails.
I finally sent a stern email and ta dialog again commenced. I asked for a replacement handle with a camera pointed at the correct angle under the “Money Back Guarantee” listed on their website and they refused since the cord had been cut. The part of the cord which was cut is not part of the tailgate handle but two separate pieces. I finally said, fine, forget about the cord
and just send me a replacement handle unit. They refused based upon the separate cord piece being cut.
I gave Emerald Integrations owned by Nima Lhalilian the opportunity to resolve this matter with a simple replacement or a partial refund. They chose not to honor their “Money Back Guarantee” or ensure the customer had a properly functioning product.
Buyer beware that this product appears to me to be made in a garage with cheap material and not backed by the company. Google their reviews, I am not alone in having problems with them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor quality product and customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Backup Camera
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "I wish I had discovered this website before I had a horrifying car buying experience with CarMax. I didn't know this was the way car buying was supposed to be...."
- " Ordered 4 so called re-manufactured accumulators from Keith Bowers for insulation on a customers 2007 Land cruiser as he seemed to be knowledgeable on the subject and seemed like..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "My Paypal account has been limited and paypal does'nt allow to withdraw money in Qatar, more than 180 days have been passed but i cannot get my money Hello My..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "To those of you thinking about ordering from shoe dazzle, or any other companies like them, just don't. I bought two pairs of boots from them in November, the black..."
- "Pro Tuning Labs19745 Colima Rd #1-812Rowland Heights CA, 91748Ordered a catalytic converter back exhaust system. The system was damaged in shipment. It took a threatening letter for them to address..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! This is what she got. I ordered this. When I called, got hung up on. Their fees are outrageous!! Don't use them!!!..."