Emerald Integrations – Buyer Beware
When I made my purchase from their website for a Tundra review camera integrated into the handle, it read OEM handle. Upon receiving the unit, it was in no way an OEM product. I first noticed that the camera was hand glued into the handle. Not a big deal if it was aimed properly. Second thing I noticed was some part number on the actual handle had been defaced and painted over with some type of heavy glue.
I contacted Emerald Integrations and they said their product is OEM integrated but not OEM but they stand behind their product. I was concerned that the product they displayed on the website was no where close to what was sent. They replied in writing that the website had a mistake and it would be corrected. I already had the product so I decided to install.
Handle fit as promised. During the install of the camera wire I noticed that the wire was exceptionally thin. Knowing this I placed the entire wire in a plastic flexible wire loom. Ran it all the way to the front and during the last 1’ it snags on a plastic retained piece and sustains a cut. This forced me to cut the wire and splice it together. While doing this, I noticed that the wire was no thicker then 26 gauge. Surprisingly thin wire and the sheathing sliced way to easy
compared to when I use to install stereos and car alarms for over ten years.
Upon firing up the camera, it was a very good picture but noticed it was aimed way to low. I could see all of the bumper and some of the actual tailgate but you could not see more then maybe 6’ behind the vehicle and no where near the horizon so you can see objects before you are on top of them.
Contacted them again to discuss the cheap wire and the camera pointed at the ground. They showed interest in customer service at first in the wire and asked for photos. I sent them photos of the wire splice and also the camera angle from the screen compared to what they showed on their website. After a few days of using the camera and comparing it to what they advertised on the website and other vehicles with backup cameras, I realized this unit was
simple glued in improperly and also at a slight left angle. I inquired with them about getting a replacement and they went dark. Not answering the phone, returning message or emails.
I finally sent a stern email and ta dialog again commenced. I asked for a replacement handle with a camera pointed at the correct angle under the “Money Back Guarantee” listed on their website and they refused since the cord had been cut. The part of the cord which was cut is not part of the tailgate handle but two separate pieces. I finally said, fine, forget about the cord
and just send me a replacement handle unit. They refused based upon the separate cord piece being cut.
I gave Emerald Integrations owned by Nima Lhalilian the opportunity to resolve this matter with a simple replacement or a partial refund. They chose not to honor their “Money Back Guarantee” or ensure the customer had a properly functioning product.
Buyer beware that this product appears to me to be made in a garage with cheap material and not backed by the company. Google their reviews, I am not alone in having problems with them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor quality product and customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Backup Camera
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "Purchased built monster transmission for over 4k rated at 750rwhp came with 90day warranty, trans went after 10k miles spent 6 months monster running me around with "electrical issues" finally..."
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "I recently purchased your flat white ceiling paint. It was very thin and didn't cover very well. The paint dripped and did not look very well. I also..."
- "Pro Tuning Labs19745 Colima Rd #1-812Rowland Heights CA, 91748Ordered a catalytic converter back exhaust system. The system was damaged in shipment. It took a threatening letter for them to address..."
- "This is a total scam!!!! Beware.... Be warned!!! After booking 2 tickets across the country the second we enter all the credit card info and hit book, the date have..."