130 views
Verified Reviewer

If I could give zero stars I would!!!!

Took my vehicle in to Elk Grove Kia on 09/07/21 because my engine was knocking and my A/C went out. I called back in July to schedule this appointment, they were booked two months out at that point.

Upon arrival and meeting with the service assistant Audrey she let me know there were three different recalls on my vehicle. I had no idea, never received any information regarding any of the recalls and expressed this to her at this point. On September 14th I was told my engine was bad and needed to be replaced, and that it looked like it was under warranty, that she was going to get a hold of them and will get back to me. On or around 09/20/21 I received a voicemail from Audrey stating the warranty company denied the engine replacement and I should call Kia Consumer Affairs and make a claim, however when she was reading off the number on the voicemail, it cut out and I couldnt get all the information.

I called her back and did not receive a response from her until 09/24/21 to get the number. I asked why it was being denied, she had told me it was because my engine overheated, which is untrue. My car has been parked for almost two years because of the pandemic, my gauges never indicated that it was overheating and the check engine light never went on (and it wasnt on when I drove it into the shop, and temperature was fine according to my gauges), I asked her to research this further and she said shed call me back. When she did call back, she told me that it was because I did not get the recall performed (I had no idea there was a recall).

I filed a claim with Kia Consumer Affairs asking for a Good Faith request because I never received notification of the recalls. The only communication that I received from them stating they were still working on my claim and they would get back to me. Weeks went by and I did not hear anything. Their email that they sent on 11/2/21 said to reply to that email so it links the case number.

I emailed on 12/2/21 and received and automated response that someone will contact me shortly. I emailed again on 12/13/21 asking for an update. Finally on 12/14/21 I called in and spoke to their representative James who ended up putting me on hold for over 10 minutes while he researched my claimcoming back with this remark hot off the press just now, but you are not going to like what it saysyour Good Faith claim has been denied. Obviously at this point Im pretty mad and asked for them to have the case manager call me immediately.

We disconnected the call. Not even 15 minutes later I get a call from case manager Peggy. I told her what was going on and she put me on hold, and about 10 minutes later, she comes back with the reason your Good Faith claim was denied was because the vehicle was brought in for similar problemshere is where it gets interesting, she goes on to tell me there are three work orders for the same complaint. One on September 7, the other on the 14, and the other on the 24th.

At that time I told her that I have only brought my vehicle to that dealership once, and that was on September 7th. The vehicle has been parked there since. She said she had to research further and would get back to me. At this point we ended our conversation and I called William at Elk Grove Kia, he was not at his desk at the time so I left my number with the receptionist to have him call me back.

He called back about ten minutes later. I requested all repair orders from my vehicle that they have on file. I told him that I only brought my vehicle once and why were there three work orders in the same month for similar complaints. That I feel something shady was going on within that dealership.

That is when he told me that is why Audrey is no longer employed with the company. I only signed one work order and did not authorize the others. So now because of these work orders being created without my knowledge my Good Faith claim is being denied. The extended warranty Kia offers when you buy a used vehicle is crap, it is expensive and does the consumer no good.

Sad thing is there is another woman in the same situation as me too. I wonder how many more there are.

User's recommendation: Do not buy a car from this dealership and do not purchase extended warranty they will find every way to not cover it.

Preferred solution: Engine replacement. My engine has 51,000 miles and is still under warranty but was denied due to recall not being performed which I had no idea about..

Elk Grove Kia Pros: Service manager is pleasant and understanding of situation.

Elk Grove Kia Cons: Horrible customer service, Falsifying records.

Location: Elk Grove, California

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Elk Grove Kia Reviews