Verified Reviewer

dBuyer Beware! Buyer Beware!!

Buyer Beware!!! We were promised in writing by Blue Dog Ranch LLC and Elk Creek Builders /Trailers; that our hand wash trailer for a contract with the forest service would be completed in two weeks. We did not receive our trailer for eight months from the time we gave them our down payment. As a direct result we lost the entire first year of our contract to the forest service, which cost our company over fifty thousand dollars in revenue.

After many frustrating months of several missed due dates, unfulfilled promises, and no responses to our inquiries, we were finally told our trailer was complete. We immediately drove for 1800 miles, to their site in Arizona, only to find that our trailer was nowhere near completion. They!! Provided us!!

With an agreement. Signed and in writing to pay for our trip [Food, Gas, and Lodging]. They only paid a portion of the Invoice for lodging and partial gas. After several more months they have not returned a single inquiry, and the invoice remains unpaid.

When I began a visual inspection of the trailer I found the external waterproof electrical covers were mounted to the trailer with only the caulking. When I plugged in the commercial power it tripped my shop breaker immediately. I found a screw directly through the electrical socket inside the trailers mounting box. I found a crack in the frame weld just above the stabilizer jack at the rear of the trailer.

Visually I can see the hot and cold water is reversed at the sinks. The finish work of this trailer is very unprofessional. It looks to us like they may have brought in the second grade class from the local elementary school for help. All the caulking is very poor and full of welding dust.

Hasps and handles are all uneven, and nothing is level. Overspray of paint is apparent throughout the exterior of the trailer. The crossover power cable from one side of the trailer to the other is left dangling underneath. This trailer is supposed to be designed for travel on forest service roads.

Safety chains for Non-potable, and potable water caps were left to dangle when delivered scratching the outer surface of the trailer for 1800 miles. The hinges on the lift out doors are designed for indoor use only. When delivered the hinges had already begun to rust causing water stains down both exterior sides of the trailer. The exterior trim was cut and installed leaving razor sharp edges.

Some of these are minor problems and easily repaired, however supports the statements of the un-professional craftsmanship that is done in this shop; run by the [self-proclaimed] professionals in the business. Having been to and witnessed their business; this is NOT!! A professional manufacturer as I imagined, instead it is clearly a shade-tree operation with trash and empty beer cans surrounding their building. I would very strongly recommend finding anyone but this company to do the work for you.

Finally do not be misled by any of their advertising, documentation, statements, or promises; verbal or in writing, they will NOT!! honor either one. Of the several negative reviews only one had a return response in which the only complaint was he could not get in contact with them. This person should count their blessing!

They were spared the frustration, and misery of actually doing business with these two companies.

In closing please do not pay attention to the salesmans email signature when he uses the statement May God richly Bless You. He is hiding behind the good Lords name only to steal from you!!!

User's recommendation: Do it yourself or find somebody other than these 2 companies!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Elk Creek Builders Reviews