Elixir Auto Sales - Curbstoner and a liar
Saw and ad on Craigslist in the for sale by owner listings called the guy up ("Joe") and asked if he still had it.He said he did and so I asked if there was any problems with the car.
He said none at all clean car he just needed to get rid of it. The next day I drove over with a friend of mine to take a look at it. When we get to the address listed it is a car dealership. Figure I will still take a look at this car I did drive to get to it after all.
So all of a sudden I'm no longer dealing with "Joe" but a dealer at the dealership who is his "buddy" and later would become a "partner". First thing I do is look in the car to find the hood latch and could tell right away that this car isn’t quite the one listed in the ad or had accrued more damage since the ad was posted. The instrument panel was water/humidity/oxidized damage that wasn’t listed or pictured in the ad. The guy said it had never been in an accident and that was a bunch of bull as this isn’t the trunk lid that came with the car and under the hood had been pressure washed so who know what else is wrong with this car.
When I decided to walk “Joe” and the other dealer (can’t remember the slime balls name) were rude and unprofessional.By the way acting as a private seller and being a dealer is quite illegal and is called Curb stoning
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Curbstoning lying flase ads
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- A fine and possibly jail time for illegal activity
- Product or service
- 2007 Ford Focus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I take a delivery of what thought was bad *** gaming lap top, For $3371.87 + tax the systems seem to performed like it was advertised. 9 months into usages,..."
- "My All-In-One Computer crashed. I filed a claim and was sent a box w/instructions to file my claim. It was fixed in about a week & 1/2! Yeah right. My..."
- "Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December. Delivered 2/9/16. Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with a hole in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a..."