Elixir Auto Sales - Curbstoner and a liar
Saw and ad on Craigslist in the for sale by owner listings called the guy up ("Joe") and asked if he still had it.He said he did and so I asked if there was any problems with the car.
He said none at all clean car he just needed to get rid of it. The next day I drove over with a friend of mine to take a look at it. When we get to the address listed it is a car dealership. Figure I will still take a look at this car I did drive to get to it after all.
So all of a sudden I'm no longer dealing with "Joe" but a dealer at the dealership who is his "buddy" and later would become a "partner". First thing I do is look in the car to find the hood latch and could tell right away that this car isn’t quite the one listed in the ad or had accrued more damage since the ad was posted. The instrument panel was water/humidity/oxidized damage that wasn’t listed or pictured in the ad. The guy said it had never been in an accident and that was a bunch of bull as this isn’t the trunk lid that came with the car and under the hood had been pressure washed so who know what else is wrong with this car.
When I decided to walk “Joe” and the other dealer (can’t remember the slime balls name) were rude and unprofessional.By the way acting as a private seller and being a dealer is quite illegal and is called Curb stoning
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Curbstoning lying flase ads
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- A fine and possibly jail time for illegal activity
- Product or service
- 2007 Ford Focus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "I contacted the dealer where we bought our Cougar and showed him pictures of the delaminating that is taking place on the front Panel. He said that Keystone..."
- " Product: Florist Designed Bouquet - BEST VALUE PER WEBSITE Look at the picture.....Just Pitiful! These "Florist Arranged" flowers which we paid $39.99 for the Deluxe Arrangement (full price). The deal at..."
- "I've paid on time for YEARS and still owe more than I even borrowed. I attached a picture to support that claim too. It should be a crime the way..."
- "I take a delivery of what thought was bad *** gaming lap top, For $3371.87 + tax the systems seem to performed like it was advertised. 9 months into usages,..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."