Elite Concrete Enhancement - Kitchen Nightmare
Beginning on Tuesday January 21, I contacted Ron Farrier through his Facebook page for his company, Elite Concrete Enhancement. We discussed and agreed on the work to be done, pricing, and the length of time and process of the job through text messaging, Facebook messages, and visits to our home,. Mr. Farrier told us that our kitchen job would take no more than 2.5 days, and asked for $1300. We gave him a down payment on Sunday, February 2 with a check for $800. After claiming to have a water line break in his house on Thursday, February 6 when he said he would start, I kept in contact with him until he began the job on Saturday, February 8. The first day, he worked from around 8am-3pm, which happens to be the longest shift Mr. Farrier worked during the entire job.
Mr. Farrier did not return to work again until Wednesday, January 12, after contacting him every day asking him to return to our home to do some work. His shifts decreased to 2-4 hours each day, arriving sporadically and never at the time as he told me in text message the day before. Many days throughout the job he did not show up at all. I expressed my frustration about the job still not being finished to Mr. Farrier through text message and voicemail. On Thursday, February 6 he left a voicemail saying he was really sorry and "I’ll give you a discount." Upon returning his call, he said he would "do a really good job" and "take $100 off the job." On Friday, February 14, Mr. Farrier assured me in a text message "the whole job will be done Sunday." On Tuesday, February 18, the floors weren’t finished and the counter tops only had a layer of concrete on them. Mr. Farrier again reassured me in a text message "tomorrow everything will be all colored and sealed. Will have the island back on floor And overlayed." On Wednesday, February 19, the floors were not finished. I expressed concern to Mr. Farrier and he told me in a text message "im not gonna charge you for the job." Mr. Farrier finished the floors on Friday, February 21 and we are completely dissatisfied. Mr. Farrier came to our house on Saturday, February 22 and my husband and I told Mr. Farrier we were unhappy that after waiting almost 3 weeks for the job to be completed and seeing the condition of the floors, we did not have confidence in him fixing the floors nor completing the counter tops. Mr. Farrier acknowledged that the floors did not look good. He promised to return to our home on Monday, February 24 to provide us with solvent to lift the polyurethane coating off of the concrete and give us our money back.
We have not received the solvent or the refund of our $800 deposit.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Concrete Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."