Elite Concrete Enhancement - Kitchen Nightmare
Beginning on Tuesday January 21, I contacted Ron Farrier through his Facebook page for his company, Elite Concrete Enhancement. We discussed and agreed on the work to be done, pricing, and the length of time and process of the job through text messaging, Facebook messages, and visits to our home,. Mr. Farrier told us that our kitchen job would take no more than 2.5 days, and asked for $1300. We gave him a down payment on Sunday, February 2 with a check for $800. After claiming to have a water line break in his house on Thursday, February 6 when he said he would start, I kept in contact with him until he began the job on Saturday, February 8. The first day, he worked from around 8am-3pm, which happens to be the longest shift Mr. Farrier worked during the entire job.
Mr. Farrier did not return to work again until Wednesday, January 12, after contacting him every day asking him to return to our home to do some work. His shifts decreased to 2-4 hours each day, arriving sporadically and never at the time as he told me in text message the day before. Many days throughout the job he did not show up at all. I expressed my frustration about the job still not being finished to Mr. Farrier through text message and voicemail. On Thursday, February 6 he left a voicemail saying he was really sorry and "I’ll give you a discount." Upon returning his call, he said he would "do a really good job" and "take $100 off the job." On Friday, February 14, Mr. Farrier assured me in a text message "the whole job will be done Sunday." On Tuesday, February 18, the floors weren’t finished and the counter tops only had a layer of concrete on them. Mr. Farrier again reassured me in a text message "tomorrow everything will be all colored and sealed. Will have the island back on floor And overlayed." On Wednesday, February 19, the floors were not finished. I expressed concern to Mr. Farrier and he told me in a text message "im not gonna charge you for the job." Mr. Farrier finished the floors on Friday, February 21 and we are completely dissatisfied. Mr. Farrier came to our house on Saturday, February 22 and my husband and I told Mr. Farrier we were unhappy that after waiting almost 3 weeks for the job to be completed and seeing the condition of the floors, we did not have confidence in him fixing the floors nor completing the counter tops. Mr. Farrier acknowledged that the floors did not look good. He promised to return to our home on Monday, February 24 to provide us with solvent to lift the polyurethane coating off of the concrete and give us our money back.
We have not received the solvent or the refund of our $800 deposit.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Concrete Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."