110220electronics.com - beware!
I ordered a LiteFuze LR-2000 Heavy-Duty Regulator W/ Voltage Converter (LR-2000) for $74.99 on March 5, 2010. On April 1st I emailed to find out where it was as it still had not arrived. When it did finally show up, it looked like a well-used model that got shoved back into the box. The box it arrived in was spotless with no dents or tears. The voltage regulator, however, was scratched on the outside in numerous places, and had the fuse in the front dented back into the unit. The unit was covered in dust and small hairs. It was inside a plastic bag inside a box that was inside a packing box. In the plastic bag with the unit was dirt, a washer, and crystallized orange pieces that I assume was some kind of battery acid that had leaked out.
I emailed to complain, and got a very snide reply that "absolutely all items are 100% inspected before they are shipped out." I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean for me, as the new owner of a trashed and unusable $75 voltage regulator. After being told the same thing numerous times and finally getting a little impatient, I was told to take pictures and email them in. I did this, and was told that the regulator definitely should not look like that (duh), and that it was UPS' fault. I asked whether it was possible for an undented, undamaged outside box to have been mishandled by UPS in a way that trashed the item in an inner box. No reply (this was by email). I was willing to concede that it might be possible to have the thing explode due to mishandling with no damage to the box, and to release orange gunk, hairs, a random washer, and get all scratched up and dented by itself as a result of the explosion. Seriously. But I couldn't get an answer from anyone.
Finally after several phone calls and numerous emails I was told by a guy named Taha that a new regulator would be sent to me. I asked what I should do to follow up - did I need to call back? Did I need to ensure that it was really sent? No, no, no I was told. It's all taken care of - done deal, they would ship me a replacement that Monday.
That was in April. It is now July, and I have never seen a new regulator or had any follow-up or indication that one was really sent.
Along with the people I get on the phone at this company being short-tempered and unhelpful, I also wasted a LOT of time and more than $75 (phone calls cost money from where I am). This was the 2nd negative experience I had with 110220electronics, and I kick myself for giving them a second chance. I'm taking the time to write this to perhaps spare someone else this headache. Find a better company, seriously.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Lightfuse Voltage Regulator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "Scam artists. They write there own fake reviews. You will loose your *** with these *** artists. Then the little money you have left they will fine the *** out..."
- "Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all..."
- "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."