110220electronics.com - beware!
I ordered a LiteFuze LR-2000 Heavy-Duty Regulator W/ Voltage Converter (LR-2000) for $74.99 on March 5, 2010. On April 1st I emailed to find out where it was as it still had not arrived. When it did finally show up, it looked like a well-used model that got shoved back into the box. The box it arrived in was spotless with no dents or tears. The voltage regulator, however, was scratched on the outside in numerous places, and had the fuse in the front dented back into the unit. The unit was covered in dust and small hairs. It was inside a plastic bag inside a box that was inside a packing box. In the plastic bag with the unit was dirt, a washer, and crystallized orange pieces that I assume was some kind of battery acid that had leaked out.
I emailed to complain, and got a very snide reply that "absolutely all items are 100% inspected before they are shipped out." I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean for me, as the new owner of a trashed and unusable $75 voltage regulator. After being told the same thing numerous times and finally getting a little impatient, I was told to take pictures and email them in. I did this, and was told that the regulator definitely should not look like that (duh), and that it was UPS' fault. I asked whether it was possible for an undented, undamaged outside box to have been mishandled by UPS in a way that trashed the item in an inner box. No reply (this was by email). I was willing to concede that it might be possible to have the thing explode due to mishandling with no damage to the box, and to release orange gunk, hairs, a random washer, and get all scratched up and dented by itself as a result of the explosion. Seriously. But I couldn't get an answer from anyone.
Finally after several phone calls and numerous emails I was told by a guy named Taha that a new regulator would be sent to me. I asked what I should do to follow up - did I need to call back? Did I need to ensure that it was really sent? No, no, no I was told. It's all taken care of - done deal, they would ship me a replacement that Monday.
That was in April. It is now July, and I have never seen a new regulator or had any follow-up or indication that one was really sent.
Along with the people I get on the phone at this company being short-tempered and unhelpful, I also wasted a LOT of time and more than $75 (phone calls cost money from where I am). This was the 2nd negative experience I had with 110220electronics, and I kick myself for giving them a second chance. I'm taking the time to write this to perhaps spare someone else this headache. Find a better company, seriously.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Lightfuse Voltage Regulator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "I purchased a brand new radiator with a lifetime warranty from O'Reilly, had my mechanic (of 20+ years) properly install new radiator. Not even 2 weeks after the new radiator..."
- "I have only had this faucet since March of 2015, six months later it is already leaking at the sprayer. If all water is not out of the sprayer after..."
- "My experience with Vacation Rental Pros has been nothing short of horrific. My family booked a large beach house near Vilano Beach, Fla., for a weeklong stay beginning Oct. 8...."