El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Unethical Charity Practices, Poor Charity Leadership
We have been volunteering for a couple of months and these reports are very true and less harsh than reality! In reality, money being spent is probably 70% for personal use, no joke. We have worked in the office and talked to the accountants and employees, here are some examples:
1. Recent Christmas Eve event was very expensive and had no El Shaddai Kids there
2. They do use the money for the church which specifically expressed that this is not a church for the El Shaddai Kids
3. Spent lots of money on GoaMarathon which from looking at the books, it has very little or none impact for El Shaddai
4. Spent lots of money on Global Leadership Summit in Panjim
5. Employees work for the church AND THE CHARITY! The church is called Faith Community Church and it's not involved with the kids in El Shaddai.
6. There is no accountability with purchases with Pastor Matthew
Every beginning of the year he spends lots of money on painting the office, remodelling the office, etc. He doesn't get multiple quotes or ask for advice even on areas he's not familiar with such as internet providers and hosting. He has paid for 6 hosting companies at once, paid for a mobile app that does not work and quite expensive for the type of quality, etc.
In short, Pastor Matthew Kurian runs El Shaddai and is doing a very poor job at it. He shows up when he wants to, never takes the blame, makes hasty decisions and makes excuses. Be careful on donating or spending your time at El Shaddai Street Child Rescue. There are many orphanages here in Goa you can go to.
One final note to show the heart of Pastor Matthew Kurian. When volunteers come, they pay a huge sum of 900 pounds just to volunteer. That money is suppose to be used to support them and cover their costs. This volunteer fee is incredibly high and have heard people say in the office we need volunteers to make money (hear this a lot from his wife!). That's a poor business plan and a charity should not have to make money off of it's volunteers!
Please let us know your stories as we are setting up a legal investigation.
Review about: Unethical Charity Practices.
Review #479334 is a subjective opinion of a user.