El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Unethical Charity Practices, Poor Charity Leadership
We have been volunteering for a couple of months and these reports are very true and less harsh than reality! In reality, money being spent is probably 70% for personal use, no joke. We have worked in the office and talked to the accountants and employees, here are some examples:
1. Recent Christmas Eve event was very expensive and had no El Shaddai Kids there
2. They do use the money for the church which specifically expressed that this is not a church for the El Shaddai Kids
3. Spent lots of money on GoaMarathon which from looking at the books, it has very little or none impact for El Shaddai
4. Spent lots of money on Global Leadership Summit in Panjim
5. Employees work for the church AND THE CHARITY! The church is called Faith Community Church and it's not involved with the kids in El Shaddai.
6. There is no accountability with purchases with Pastor Matthew
Every beginning of the year he spends lots of money on painting the office, remodelling the office, etc. He doesn't get multiple quotes or ask for advice even on areas he's not familiar with such as internet providers and hosting. He has paid for 6 hosting companies at once, paid for a mobile app that does not work and quite expensive for the type of quality, etc.
In short, Pastor Matthew Kurian runs El Shaddai and is doing a very poor job at it. He shows up when he wants to, never takes the blame, makes hasty decisions and makes excuses. Be careful on donating or spending your time at El Shaddai Street Child Rescue. There are many orphanages here in Goa you can go to.
One final note to show the heart of Pastor Matthew Kurian. When volunteers come, they pay a huge sum of 900 pounds just to volunteer. That money is suppose to be used to support them and cover their costs. This volunteer fee is incredibly high and have heard people say in the office we need volunteers to make money (hear this a lot from his wife!). That's a poor business plan and a charity should not have to make money off of it's volunteers!
Please let us know your stories as we are setting up a legal investigation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Unethical Charity Practices
- Review category
- Government and Politics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello. My name is Paul. I am 58 and I served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the '70's. In 1977, while on active duty, I was injured and broke..."
- "Salvation Army = SLAVE NATION ARMY! I’m going to try to open your eyes – the public’s eyes - and minds - to the biggest charity scam operation based in southeastern..."
- "—40— O’Shaughnessy’s • Winter/Spring 2013 It’s been tough at times, juggling medicine and motherhood. I never wanted children until I hit 30. Then I wanted four of them. I had four kids in seven..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."