El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Unethical Charity Practices, Poor Charity Leadership
We have been volunteering for a couple of months and these reports are very true and less harsh than reality! In reality, money being spent is probably 70% for personal use, no joke. We have worked in the office and talked to the accountants and employees, here are some examples:
1. Recent Christmas Eve event was very expensive and had no El Shaddai Kids there
2. They do use the money for the church which specifically expressed that this is not a church for the El Shaddai Kids
3. Spent lots of money on GoaMarathon which from looking at the books, it has very little or none impact for El Shaddai
4. Spent lots of money on Global Leadership Summit in Panjim
5. Employees work for the church AND THE CHARITY! The church is called Faith Community Church and it's not involved with the kids in El Shaddai.
6. There is no accountability with purchases with Pastor Matthew
Every beginning of the year he spends lots of money on painting the office, remodelling the office, etc. He doesn't get multiple quotes or ask for advice even on areas he's not familiar with such as internet providers and hosting. He has paid for 6 hosting companies at once, paid for a mobile app that does not work and quite expensive for the type of quality, etc.
In short, Pastor Matthew Kurian runs El Shaddai and is doing a very poor job at it. He shows up when he wants to, never takes the blame, makes hasty decisions and makes excuses. Be careful on donating or spending your time at El Shaddai Street Child Rescue. There are many orphanages here in Goa you can go to.
One final note to show the heart of Pastor Matthew Kurian. When volunteers come, they pay a huge sum of 900 pounds just to volunteer. That money is suppose to be used to support them and cover their costs. This volunteer fee is incredibly high and have heard people say in the office we need volunteers to make money (hear this a lot from his wife!). That's a poor business plan and a charity should not have to make money off of it's volunteers!
Please let us know your stories as we are setting up a legal investigation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Unethical Charity Practices
- Review category
- Government and Politics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In the Netherlands for havign sex with underaged their is at the moment no strict law. A Dutch man who have worked several years at the low elementary school as..."
- "For many years Europe had a stable economy and the countries where flourishing. Own money valuta, good own identity, business infrastructure, good safety and protection of the own economy. The..."
- "In the Netherlands there is a law system that can't be checked always if it is in the wrong hands. The discretionary jurisdiction, the State Secretary of Justice is able..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."