El Shaddai Charitable Trust - Corrupted Charity Organization... (El Shaddai Street Child Rescue)

2 of 3 El Shaddai Charitable Trust reviews

Where do I start? I come year after year to help with the Child Rescue and always had heard rumors of Child Rescue using money for things they shouldn't and problems with the management on the India side where they actually help the kids. I read a few reviews on El Shaddai (Child Rescue) and it confirmed what I have been seeing hints of. I asked to see the books and they agreed though I had to wait a few days which turned into weeks. When I looked at the books; things didn't match up.

Since I donate regularly and volunteer yearly, I wanted to make sure kids get the best and the conditions for the kids gets better and better and from over 7 years of volunteering, this was not the case. I decided to hire an investigator and here's what he found:

1. Books were fake that were given. They didn't show all the donations that came in or any outside spending activity (events that had nothing to do with El Shaddai or was questionable, church expenses that were not for the kids, etc.)

2. Multiple layoffs and employee corruption mainly from "Pastor Matthew Kurian" and "Julia Kurian"

3. Unethical behaviors such as blackmailing, employee management (working extreme overtime and across many job descriptions)

and of course more.

Please message me if you would like to see these books. Obviously I have stopped working and giving money for El Shaddai and have been encourging others to do the same. This is sad story of how corruption on such a once wonderful charity...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
2 of 3 El Shaddai Charitable Trust reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 25 #1100578

Had this exact concern when I visited, I did talk to the kids and what they said were very sad. "Pastor" Matthew Kurian is doing a lot of unethical practices. When I spoke to the police they just shrugged it off, I would love to see if they are paying off the police, how far does this corruption go?

7 0 Reply

Oct 29, 2015 #1055693

Recently visited this "organization". Stay far away! We showed up unexpectedly due to the reviews we saw and we were horrified. The kids places were not like the photos you see, the food that was fed to the kids were terrible, the manager Matthew Kurian and his family was eating very lavishly. Matthew's house was extremely clean with lots of electronics, kind of reminds me of those scams you see on those television programs...
We tried reporting this to the Goa Police, but they said they get lots of reports about this and they can't do anything about it.

9 0 Reply
Amy

Feb 14, 2015 #945557 London, London, United Kingdom

We have had the same disappointing experience with El Shaddai. They are not well liked in the community, the "Pastor" lives lavishly and even before us there has been constant complaints and investigations from the past 10 years.

10 0 Reply

Jan 06, 2015 #926913 Marg, Goa, India

Child Rescue was started by the founders... but it is we and the passionate staff, volunteers who drive the work of the charity... If you have anything that needs improvement and not happening well, you can always suggest us or take time to understand before you write such a fake, false note on a credible charity which is doing great job... If you can't do anything good, at least stop being bad to something which is doing good.

1 12 Reply
Ashwini Naik

Jan 07, 2015 #926937 Marg, Goa, India

I am working for SCAN-India (Stop Child Abuse Now)which is project of El-Shaddai. I working form the past 4yrs and 6months, dealing with childrens and women cases, the childrens and women who are victim of abused and we are also conducting free school campaigning for students, parents and teachers on Child abuse, child rights and their responcibilities. as far as I know this organisation as an employee whatever said in the above false statements I dont agree with it. This organisation is really working hard to help deprived children and Women with available resouces in hand, and so far they have been doing really good job. I am previlaged that I am part of this organisation.

0 11 Reply

Jan 06, 2015 #926396 Marg, Goa, India

Hi I'm Carol.
Currently representing Human resource department in El Shaddai and I've grown up here in this organisation. Whatever the statement is made against our Ogranisation is totally false. There are many children
who are grown up here and are doing really well. There is no blackmailing, unethical behaviour, or working extreme overtime (there is overtime in some cases but employees are always asked if they can do it and they are paid for it)This is all false and I support Rucha saying that somebody is really trying to take revenge. If you were so concerned about the kids, you could have easily got in touch with our management and put forward your queries. You must've volunteered for 7 years but I have been experiencing the work of El Shaddai from past ten years in my life. And there are many more children who has experienced the more than me. Please without a proper reason don't spread false rumour.

3 10 Reply
Rucha Singh

Jan 06, 2015 #926337 Marg, Goa, India

Hi My name is Rucha... I am working with El Shaddai as Public Relations Manager... All this reporting on this page against El Shaddai is false. Whoever has done this is done with intention of taking revenge. I have grown up in this organization, I have worked with a bank and now am looking after their PR activities. I have access to all the accounts records... I have also gone through their Audited Account... I know the heart beat of the organization. There is nothing above mentioned which is true... Whoever wrote it has seen the charity but have never taken time to understand its different activities. If they had so much concern about the charity, they should have spoken to one of us for improvement... There thousands of children given support by El Shaddai's project. There are so many who cans see today is because of El Shaddai.... If you need any Financial information like Audited Accounts, Balancesheets, Income & Expense, Receipts and Payment, Auditor's report or anything, I will be happy to send a copy to you. Write me a mail: bitu_roo@hotmail.com
Rucha Singh

4 10 Reply
Sunny

Jan 06, 2015 #926323 Marg, Goa, India

Hi I am Sunny,
I have been Sponsoring a child in ESCT and I have also been a volunteer at ESCT for last 6yrs. I have not found any of the said problem occurring at Childrescue.
I would be interested to see the proofs you have collected through your investigation.
Hoping you will answer....

4 11 Reply

Jan 06, 2015 #926394 Marg, Goa, India

Hi I'm Carol.

2 12 Reply

Jan 06, 2015 #926399 Marg, Goa, India

Hi I'm Prema,
I was very first child of El Shaddai (Child rescue) and I know in and out of it. I'm still staying and working with El Shaddai and whoever has written this false rumor which is not true.
Through El Shaddai I've got the best and I know they have given me the best from begging till date. Like me there are many other who got the same facilities. We don't have any corruption management.
They are easily accessible and very transparent. If anyone visits our organization, they always comment that we do not have any secret and hide anything from them and we are always happy to show all the project as it is.
whoever is doing these please stop, coz this is not true!!!!

3 12 Reply
Peter S

May 25 #1164162 Orlando, Florida, United States

Wish that was true, it's hard to look at this objectively from your view. Please be careful and HELP the kids!

3 0 Reply

May 25 #1164161

It doesn't help if you are being paid by El Shaddai... Please be careful with them, please help the kids.

4 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about El Shaddai Charitable Trust.
Filing a new complaint about
×