2. If you must, be prepared for the worst possible service. Carefully read and know their policies, you will need to enforce them.
3. Write "not inspected" on the receipt when you sign for any shipment.
4. When you have a problem with your shipment--and you will--you must be persistent.
5. State exactly what resolution you want to happen, and do not back down.
6. When they say they will call you back with the resolution, they will not. You must call them.
7. When they lie to you--and they will--call them on it firmly, but be respectful. This will get you further.
I ordered a china cabinet on March 8, paying for white glove delivery (Order #1018444). It arrived on March 28. There was some back and forth about whether white glove was available in my area, I said I was fine with an inside drop off, and to refund the $99. The refund did not come. When the package was delivered, there was no way the one guy who came would be able to carry it up the stairs to my house. He dropped it on the curb, I had to call and insist the full $199 be refunded for delivery, as curbside delivery is advertised as free. There was no damage to the packaging, so I signed for it. I did not open and inspect the 300 lb. piece of furniture on my driveway while the delivery person was waiting, obviously.
When my husband opened the package that night to assemble and install it, the top of the china cabinet was split and damaged. I immediately filed a claim and sent pictures according to their posted website policies. They called me Monday and assured me it would be resolved, and asked me to send pictures. I sent them again. I waited a week and heard nothing. I called them the next Monday. I received a second email asking for pictures. I sent them again, then called again. I was told they couldn't do anything because I signed the shipping receipt and checked the "no damage" box. I told them there was no damage to the box, and that actually, I did not check any box. They assumed the delivery person did. I insisted I paid for a piece of intact furniture, and as a single human, cannot open and inspect 300 lb. furniture on my own. I was told they would contact the manufacturers for a resolution. I didn't hear from them for another week. When I did reach them, they tried to get me to agree to have a "furniture medic" repair the damage. I insisted I wanted a new piece of furniture. He told me the item was backordered and a ship date was unknown. I agreed to this, as I didn't want to wait for months or more, and he said he would get back to me with repair options. Again, I waited a week or more, hearing nothing. When I called, and left a voicemail (as always) my call was returned the next day. I was told there were no medics in my area and I would have to wait for an unknown amount of time for the new shipment. I did my own research on medics over the next week. They assured me there were several qualified in my area, that I should not accept a new hutch top without base as the dye lots may not match, that they could definitely repair it, and I would be hard-pressed to see the damage. I received 5 or more estimates for repair. I contacted efurnituremart again insisting I get a credit in the amount it would cost to fix at the place of my choosing. I was told I would receive the credit in the amount I requested on April 22. It showed up on my statement about 5 days later. This makes a total of about 4 weeks of back and forth to get the problem solved. The furniture was fixed by an amazing woodworker, and the damage is not detectable.
The person that dealt with my claim was named William. He was the only person I ever communicated with. At one point, I asked for his boss or manager or someone that had the authority to approve the compensation I wanted. I was told by William, "I'm it!" He flat out lied several times, even from the very beginning in dealing with the White Glove Delivery. He told me it was not available in my area, and that they would refund my money. Then when I asked for a refund because the delivery person could not bring it inside, he told me, "I told you to call me and I would have someone come bring it in and assemble it." We had no such discussion. He lied about several other things, among them being the fact that they couldn't do anything about the damage because I had signed for it, then in our next conversation the following day claiming "of course we are going to fix this, there's no question about it." It was a different story every time we spoke, and completely infuriating.
eFurnitureMart.com will try to wear you down in hopes you will drop the issue and take the loss. Insist on what you want if you must deal with this furniture company. Personally, I will pay the couple of hundred extra dollars next time to get the furniture from a company with integrity. My time is worth more than I saved.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Product or service
- Thornhill China Cabinet By Legacy Classic
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "They send me this email :Dear Applicant, Thank you for your swift response and your willingness to work with us and we are sorry for the late response , Wrap advertising..."
- "I have been going to American Laser for over 13 years for laser hair removal. Today, I went to my appointment only to find their doors locked with a..."
- "#ALL#WOOD#FLOORS#AND#DECKS - Dave Torres was supposed to build a deck and install wood floors for us. We gave a little more than half up front for the job. After 30..."