Oakland, California
Resolved

Look, we have all heard the issues with these big cross country moving companies. Thing is, I have done it three times and this last time was a terrible experience. This is a warning to people who especially live in apartment complexes. Chances are those really large trucks are likely not going to be able to pickup or deliver in most apartment complexes and instead of addressing this properly upfront, the company keeps charging you all these up charges for shuttle trucks. Sure they tell you that if the truck can't get to your door this will happen. This is their business. They should not be leaving up to the customer to know if it will work or not.

Related: Edens Moving Services - My experience

I would NEVER recommend someone who lives in an apartment complex even consider a service like Eden's given these factors. Oh and if the boxes are not the exact size they consider is correct moving box sizes, they will try to charge you more for overage. Even when you have provided a complete and accurate inventory list.

In addition, the drivers are typically not good at speaking directly to the customer and you get a lot of rudeness. Eden's should not allow this. You as the broker should take full responsibility for delivering good customer service by keeping your customer informed of how the move is going and when the approximate delivery date is. INSTEAD I had to keep calling and then getting a "well it might be this day or that day" and then I still did not know until the morning of. This is TERRIBLE customer service.

When I finally received my stuff, the driver comes with one poor dude to bring all my stuff up two flights by himself....one box at a time. And notice the condition of the boxes and how they are stacked upside down.

After looking at all options for my cross country move this is my recommendation now after doing this move. IF you have someone you know willing to drive a moving truck for you, DO IT YOURSELF. NO SURPRISES. GUARANTEED COST. If you don't have this, then look into the PODS or U-HAUL UBOXES. Guaranteed cost and your stuff is in the box until delivered. No moving your stuff from one truck to another to another and you have no idea how many times. The cost would have been the same after all the up charging I got from Eden's. NEVER AGAIN!!!

I didn't like: Customer service, Communications, Reliability, Quoting process.

1.5
Tracking Tool
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Edens Moving Services?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.