Green Bay, Wisconsin

I recently purchased an Echo GT-225 string trimmer based on product reviews in Consumer Reports. Most reviewers disliked the trimmer head, strings frequently broke and had to be replaced, but were otherwise quite pleased with the product. I wasn't concerned with the trimmer head because I planned to replace it with an Echo Speed-Feed Trimmer Head anyway. In attempting to install the accessory on the trimmer, they appeared to be incompatible, even though the replacement trimmer head was described as "Universal Fit" on the package. The Echo technical support page for the replacement head also suggested they were not compatible, as the GT-225 is not one of those listed under "Fits Model(s):".

I queried Echo Consumer Support and received this response:

"Thank you for your e-mail to ECHO Incorporated. Unfortunately, The Speed-Feed trimmer is only available for the Straight Shaft trimmer and is currently not available for the Curved Shaft Echo products.

If you have any other questions, please update your incident and we will be happy to assist you. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Sincerely,

San Juana

ECHO Consumer Support Dept."

Great. I wouldn't have bought the trimmer or the accessory if the Speed-Feed Trimmer Head had been described accurately.

Review about: Speed Feed Trimmer Head.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $31
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Echo Power Equipment?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion