Echo Power Equipment - Inaccurate product description, Echo Incorporated.
I recently purchased an Echo GT-225 string trimmer based on product reviews in Consumer Reports. Most reviewers disliked the trimmer head, strings frequently broke and had to be replaced, but were otherwise quite pleased with the product. I wasn't concerned with the trimmer head because I planned to replace it with an Echo Speed-Feed Trimmer Head anyway. In attempting to install the accessory on the trimmer, they appeared to be incompatible, even though the replacement trimmer head was described as "Universal Fit" on the package. The Echo technical support page for the replacement head also suggested they were not compatible, as the GT-225 is not one of those listed under "Fits Model(s):".
I queried Echo Consumer Support and received this response:
"Thank you for your e-mail to ECHO Incorporated. Unfortunately, The Speed-Feed trimmer is only available for the Straight Shaft trimmer and is currently not available for the Curved Shaft Echo products.
If you have any other questions, please update your incident and we will be happy to assist you. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.
ECHO Consumer Support Dept."
Great. I wouldn't have bought the trimmer or the accessory if the Speed-Feed Trimmer Head had been described accurately.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Speed Feed Trimmer Head
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "I purchased this Swagtron Swagway X2 on December 6th, 2016 because of the $199 sale... it's used and damaged..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I have read many negative reviews regarding Big 3 Performance and nowhere did I see that they were sued, let alone paid back, for any of these large sums of..."
- "My wife and I read all about this product and all of the horrible reviews on Lumber Liquidators. Well we went to the GB store in Wis. and the sales..."
- "I replied to a ad on a tea cup yorkie female in howard she stop texing when i asked why price was 300 tea cups are 700 and up and..."