Dupage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Review about 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport from Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Update added by user Jul 17, 2015
The general manager called today and went above and beyond to keep me as a customer. I'm stoked about my new jeep!
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2015
RUDE, DISHONEST SALESPEOPLE!On 7/16/15 I spoke with RJ Kaye regarding an Internet advertised Jeep Wrangler on the Dupage Jeep dealership website (Glendale Heights, IL) and cars.com.
The advertised price was $23,825. My husband called and put a $200 down payment for the vehicle and made plans to drive down tomorrow (7/17/15) from Cedarburg, WI and purchase the vehicle. An hour later RJ called back stating that the advertised price was not what they could actually sell the vehicle for. RJ stated that he would charge us $4000 more.
He told us he realizes the advertised price is $23,825 but he stated that it's not incorrect, we just don't "quality" for that pricing but could not list the "qualifications" needed. No qualifications were listed on the website or cars.com. RJ stated he could possibly "pull some strings" and charge us $26,000 if we came down tomorrow. I really, wanted the vehicle so I agreed to the misrepresented upcharged price.
At about 8:30pm tonight RJ phoned us and stated that he "just sold the jeep to someone else" even though we had money down to hold it. RJ was incredibly rude and knowingly misrepresented the price of this vehicle online to lure in customers and then charge them more. The website still states the sale price. I also have photos of the web advertised prices and vehicle.
My husband voiced his complaint with RJ and RJ responded by saying "suck my ***" and hung up the phone. I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and this was my very first interaction with a representative of JEEP. I hope this is not the norm.
I filed a consumer complaint with the Illinois Attorney General.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "I ordered all new chairs and bar stools for my restaurant and 3 had damage from shipping when they arrived. The delivery driver took pictures and submitted a shipping claim...."
- "This is the worst customer service/support I have seen. I had a small issue, easy to fix, and provided pictures. I understand a 3rd party advertiser on their network is..."
- "My weddings set was purchased in Janesville wis on December 17th 2007. My engagement ring out of this set has been sent off 20 plus times in 8 years for..."