Reply by DriveTime Jun 11, 2014

Greetings,

We apologize that you weren’t happy with your purchase with DriveTime. DriveTime offers a Vehicle Return Program for customer who change their minds about the vehicle in the first 5 days after purchase. DriveTime makes every effort to refund your money as soon as possible and many customers receive their refund within several days. For further assistance, please contact the Customer Relations Department at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's
Knoxville, Tennessee
2.1K views 2 comments

Drivetime offers a 3 day return policy, but what they don't tell you is that it will take up to 2 weeks to get that money back???!!!

I'm sorry, but if I take you cash as a down payment, then in taking advantage of their "Return Policy", I expect to at least have a check (since it is a pretty large company) by the next day or 2. NOT 2 weeks!!!

Their return policy is just not so Peachy!!!Now let me give some advice..If you are really having to scrape together the money to come up with a down payment, don't bother with Drivetime, as I have experienced, it didn't do me any good to use it, as my family is having to do with out in order to wait for the return policy to catch up and get me my money back!!!

Review about: Return Policy.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with DriveTime?

Comments

***ED OFF IN RICHMOND VA BUT

Three years ago I ran into hard time and could not get too many company to finance a an automobile for me Drive Time was one on the company that did help me; I put down 5,500 down to get the best interest rate (8.9%) I had 3 things happen to the car the first week, the battery died they came out and give me a jump, then a week later the battery completely had to be replace they replace it for FREE.The CD player without they replace it for FREE no problem.

Then came the AC Blower they sent me to a local company but after 3 times they didn’t fix the noise that’s when I contact LEGAL SHIELD. I had my blower go out after 6 months. They replace it with an aftermarket part. The aftermarket part was making a loud noise.

I had to call the customer service and they told me their policy is if it’s not broken we don't fix. I call my attorney from a company call Legal Shield they wrote a demand letter to Drive Time Legal Department. Drive Time called me back to apologize and refer me back to the repair company to fix the problem with the factory part. My advices when purchasing something from them always contact your Lawyer and have Legal Shield fight the battle.

You can use the same company I use for $17.00 a month to get more info go to www.legalshield.com and you can sign up at www.mylegalcoverage.info Drive Time is not BAD they not the BEST but just know your rights!!!

I HOPE THIS HELP!!!GOD BLESS

***ED IN COULUMBIA SC

MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME A CAR FROM HERE AT THE COLUMBIA SC DEALERSHIP .THE PEOPLE AT THE DEALERSHIP WERE GREAT !

MY BREAKS WENT OUT DUE SEVERAL ISSUES WITH THE BREAK SYSTEM AND I ALMOST DIED WITH MY BOSS IN THE CAR . I TRIED TO STOP AT A RED LIGHT AT A BUSY INTERSECTION AND WENT TO HIT THE BREAKS AND DID NOT HAVE ANY SO NEEDLESS TO SAY IWENT THROUGH THE RED LIGHT ALMOST GOT HIT BY ANOTHER CAR. ALSO TRANSMISSION ISSUES WHEN IT DOWN SHIFTS IT SLAMS INTO GEAR. WE BROUGHT IT TO ONE OF THIER SHOPS AND WAS TOLD NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE CAR.

DRIVING BACK HOME THE CAR STARTED SLAMING INTO GEAR AGAIN . SO WE CALLED THE Warranty DEPT YET AGAIN. DEMANDED TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT WAS CLOSER TO US AND THEY AGREED . SO WE TOOK IT TO TURNERS TRANSMISSION IN OUR TOWN .

WELL THEY FELT THE TRANSMISSION SLAMMING INTO GEAR BUT IT WAS NOT THROWING CODES ALSO THEY FOUND THE ISSUES WITH THE BREAK SYSTEM AND A BROKEN MOTOR MOUNT. THEY CALLED DRIVE TIME AND TOLD THEM EVERYTHING AND SUGGESTED THAT THEY SERVICE THE TRANSMISSION WELL THE Warranty DEPT SAID NO ON THE SERVICING !?!?!?! REALLY ?? THEY SAID OK ON THE BREAK SYSTEM AND MOTOR MOUNT.

SO MY HUSBAND CALLED DRIVE TIME AND SAID THAT THIS MIGHT STOP THE ISSUE WITH THE TRANSMISSION THEY SAID IF THE TRANSMISSION GOES OUT THEN THEY WILL FIX IT !

WTH WHY NOT DO IT BEFORE IT BREAKS !!!!SO I CALLED AND TO THEM I WANT A DIFFERENT CAR I DO NOT FEEL SAFE SINCE I ALMOST DIED AND HAVE HAD CALLED ALMOST EVERY WEEK...

comments