Reply by DriveTime Jun 07

Hello James,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to recount your experience so far with DriveTime. I am saddened to hear of the frustrations that you have faced. I am hoping that I can have the chance to turn this situation around for you.

When it comes to our vehicles, please know that they are inspected prior to sale to avoid situations such as these. However, due to the fact that we are working with pre-owned vehicles, it can be very difficult to predict exactly if or when these issues may arise. We include a 30 day, 1,500 mile limited warranty to address any situations that may come up after purchase with the option to purchase an additional vehicle service contract. We also include the 5 day, 300 mile return policy if for any reason that you are not satisfied with your vehicle. My team, Customer Relations, is in place to make sure that we are taking care of any situations that fall outside of these layers. I want to ensure you that the safety of your children and that of you and your fiancée is of the utmost importance to us.

I want to apologize again that you have experienced this situation. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to work with you. I have been able to locate your account with the information provided have attempted to reach out to you via phone. I will continue to attempt to reach you. Alternatively, you can also contact my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn – Customer Relations
Author's

My fiancé and I have pretty sub par credit so we didn't have many options for getting a larger vehicle when we welcomed our 4th child December of 2016.Early March 2017 we went to drivetime to find they actually had a few vehicles that would suit us.

The warranty made us feel better about getting a loan on a used vehicle with our tight budget. Two days after driving off of the Drivetime lot the engine light illuminated. Luckily they had the 30 day warranty so the issue was fixed for free but I had a gut feeling that was a sure bad sign and I should have take it right back and looked for something different while I was within the 5 day return guarantee. I gave Drivetime the benefit of the doubt as the manager there assured us they don't sell junk (don't they all say that).

Anyways two weeks goes by and it breaks down on me an hour from home with a vehicle full of children. We take it for a tune up as it was misfiring so badly it would not even accelerate right. Tune up was done and it was okay for a week but was still idling rough. Then it breaks down again!!!!

It has been in the shop since OVER 30 DAYS without a vehicle when we just spent every *** dollar we had towards something safe to trasport 4 children around and it can't even get us to get groceries and back. All of this time at the mechanic and they've replaced militiamen different things and it's still running very rough. We even have to pay $600 for another tune up because the spark plugs and coils were burnt up from whatever this mysterious problem is! Two computer systems burnt up as well!

It's still sitting at the shop as I type this because I'm terrified to put my children in this thing and then break down in the middle of a busy highway again and again.

This thing is a piece of *** and my payments are ridiculous for something more in reliable than my 25 year old car with 300 thousand miles.WHAT A JOKE!

Review about: 2011 Chrysler Town And Country.

1.3
Interest Rate
Insurance Quality
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with DriveTime?