Reply by DriveTime Jun 14

Hello Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you plan to walk away from DriveTime feeling dissatisfied due to the issues mentioned in your review. I am sincerely sorry that you are dissatisfied due to any registration concerns. I want to assure you that we want to provide an easy, streamlined registration process for our customers, however we do need to abide by all state and federal regulations. When it comes to credit reporting, please know that, as is industry standard, no leased vehicles are reported to the credit bureaus.

In reference to the mechanical concerns you mentioned, please know that we inspect our vehicles prior to sale in an effort to prevent mechanical malfunctions from arising post sale. However, due to the nature of pre-owned vehicles, it can sometimes be very difficult to determine exactly if or when these mechanical problems may occur. It is for this reason that we include an initial limited warranty with each vehicle sold from our lot.

I want to apologize again for any frustration this situation may have caused. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's

We've had nothing but trouble since day one.It took the dealership nearly two months to give us our initial temp tags.

That should have been a red flag bit i dismissed it. There was $800 worth of work needed done on the car within the first 30 days of purchase for the leased vehicle, which by the way, was inspected by the local Midas auto shop up the street. Which obviously was a fake inspection job. Because Pappas Toyota across the street, at Mid Rivers Mall Drive in St Peters Missouri, told us that there was strut problems suspension problems needed 2 new tires and the bill came out to 600 something dollars!!

I refused to pau it and threatened to return the vehicle, drive time was not going to pay it but they had to honor it, being that there was no way they could deny that it was a previous mechanical issue and no fault of our own. That is the only thing the DriveTime has honored. Every time I've called customer service they do not care, the managers are rude and disrespectful and the customer service is not a one point resolution. It nearly is passing the buck back on to the dealership, which holds no accountability.

My most current to date problem with drive time is that my plates were due April 28th, today is June 12th. To this day, I am still waiting on the dealership to pay the personal property tax and send me a bill so that I can make the payment for the personal property tax and renew my plates. I have the county assessor's office involved also to apply pressure for the payment and corporate office lied, staying they didn't know who i was, I've made every single payment and my name is on the lease and I have to use my ssn to make the online payment!! Beyond frustrated!

They found that DriveTime failed to claim the vehicle the year prior also!! I have made many phone calls to customer service and so has the county assessor, spent many hours contacting the corporate office for payment so that we can pay the personal property tax back to the dealership and move forward. My contract states that the dealership pays for it and then they bill me. So as of today, I am returning this car because I'm tired of all the *** lies and thievery from this company.

They want me to continue making the payment but they won't pay the personal property tax to keep my car legal?? So why should I keep making my payments on an illegal vehicle? I'm returning this car today and they wanted to tell me that I am liable for another payment and I'm not paying it. DriveTime is in breach of their contact with me and I'm tired of waiting!

The only goal that this company has is to create forever customers, a dependency. You go i this dealership because you're in a bad position in hopes that this is going to help improve your credit and you'll be in a better spot once this lease is over. But then you find out that this isn't even being reported on your credit report! I'm paying $500 a month, past two years, wasted my time, for a vehicle that does not help my credit.

So in the long run they leave you in no better position than you were in the beginning, like I said creating dependency through customers.

I don't know about you but I think that's a horrible concept for a auto financing company and I would beware of this company, stay away!!You think you don't have other options but trust me you do, and drive time is not the solution.

Review about: 2007 Toyota Camry Car.

1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Drivetime Auto Leasing
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with DriveTime?