2148 Crossridge Dr, Batavia, OH 45103, USA
1.6K views
2.1
Turnaround Time

We love the open design and flow of the house. Unfortunately, our experience kind of went south from there.

Issue #1: after pre approving us for a mortgage through their financial service, we went to finalize the paperwork. 2 days before we were supposed to close on the house, they said that Chase bank had flagged a late payment on my mortgage within the last 6 months, that was impacting my approval... on a mortgage I hadn't had in 7 years. It was an obvious glitch, chase said they couldn't remove it and that any lender should be able to do a manual fix to take it off.

Unfortunately, everyone was an *** at first equity and I had to get another mortgage agency to correct. Issue #2: our lawn. Closed on house in July, was told they had fixed the drainage and grading of our yard. Grass seed started to pop up but everytime I watered it, the water pooled in 2 spots and wouldn't go anywhere.

Told them numerous times to fix, from July 2016 thru march 2017. Finally in may 2017 after about the 8th attempt they fixed the grade. Said they wouldn't warranty the lawn, I get it... don't trust them anyway.

I paid someone to seed it and weird... great grass is now in my yard. Issue #3: total and complete incompetence. They schedule you for an appointment that's supposed to take all day...

there's 2 things that happens... it takes 10 minutes and you wonder why you took the whole day off of work. Or you end up waiting around and maybe people are coming, maybe not. I've waited 4-5 times on contractors that never show on time or with supplies in hand.

Issue #4: upkeep of the neighborhood. Because drees big wigs get the fluff job of running the hoa, nothing ever happens. Fence panels are falling off in the entryway, people don't keep their yards up, and keep boats and rvs on the street. Someone build a fire pit in their front yard!!!

Are you kidding me? Anyways, rant over...

-I like the house ok. Customer service and follow up are terrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Drees Homes House Construction.

Comments

#1611900

We had the same issue with First Equity Mortgage who is Dress’ preferred lender. They kept telling us our loan was on tract to close all the way up to the day before Thanksgiving.

We were supposed to close the next week. We had to go get our own financing last minute to get us closed.