116 Championship Place, Hendersonville, TN 37075, USA
1.8
Turnaround Time

Drees Homes does not stand behind its buyer. While the quality of my home is good, they have been horrible to work with on major issues: (1) concrete drive started to peel and scale after living in my home for five months.

Jim T from the warranty team accused me of using salt chemicals on my drive (and told others) and proposed that I pay for a third of the cost to replace my drive. After the driveway got so bad and I brought up the fact that if someone were to slip and fall, the liability would not be mine, they agreed to tear out and replace the driveway. I was asked not to tell other neighbors because that meant there would be other driveways to replace (talk about shady); (2) unresolved flooring issues -- I made Drees aware of major flooring issues from day one and 14 months later, Drees, its in-house warranty team, Mannington Floors, Metro Carpets and my contractor have failed to own the issues or resolve them; (3) Buyer Beware! Don't close on your home until you are satisfied with everything.

Drees and its in-house warranty team will tell you to wait until the one-year warranty walk-through, knowing the only thing they will offer is to fix some of the nail pops in the drywall. There is clearly no respect for the homeowner and I wouldn't buy from them again or recommend them to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Drees Homes Customer Care.

Drees Homes Cons: Customer service and running away from their commitments, Failure to back its buyer and do the right thing.

Comments

You didn't confirm or deny - did you put stuff on the driveway ? Remember - houses are built by gangs of subcontractors.

Poor selection of same by your builder leads to endless troubles in the future. I'm not happy with the plumbers our contractor used, for example.

They put an unsecured water connection above (on the same stud) an electrical socket ; so when the water connection burst it flooded an electrical junction ... then guess what ?

Donna McQueen
@Anonymous

Dear Anonymous: I lived in Chicago my whole life and I know better than to use salt chemicals on concrete so "no, I did not put anything on my drive." In my first winter here, there was not enough snow that even required shoveling. I have just learned that Drees has issues with its hardwood floors in its Nashville subdivision, too, and am now having to retain an attorney to get them to do what is right. My master closet where no one walks (with or without shoes) is full of splinters and I have gaps between boards that extend from one end of the house to the other where the concrete shows.