Dr Jennifer Martinick - Dr. Jennifer Martinick/ISHRS a DISGRACE!!!!

4 of 4 Dr Jennifer Martinick reviews

Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!

This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.

For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) and the current ISHRS Leadership are a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!!

FOLLOW THESE LINKS FOR PROOF:

http://mneedham624.wix.com/martinickishrs-dsgrc# />

Or keep reading below:

I am a former patient of Dr. Carlos J Puig & Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, and was left SCARRED & DISFIGURED by these doctors, who had engaged in FRAUD, FALSE-ADVERTISING & DECEPTIVE PRACTICES to LURE unsuspecting people suffering from hairloss to become their patients. See PROOF here:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94 />

https://sites.google.com/site/dreantoniomangubat />

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/li />

An example of the FRAUD: Drs. Puig & Mangubat performed a number of hair transplant & scalp reduction surgeries [aka bald area reduction surgery] on me that left HUGE SCARS all over my scalp. This result was TOTALLY INCONSISTENT with & OPPOSITE to their explicit written assertions about scalp reduction procedures. See below ATTACHMENT 9A: Puig Medical Group Booklet Page 7 on Bald Area/Scalp Reduction Surgery which shows clearly the FALSE ADVERTISING & FRAUD perpetrated by PMG doctors because they made NO MENTION of any scarring as a result of undergoing scalp reduction surgery. THIS GLARING OMISSION BY THESE DOCTORS OF THIS INDISPUTABLE & GRAVE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCE OF THE SURGERY CONSTITUTES BLATANT FRAUD & FALSE ADVERTISING!! (More details in links mentioned above]. Other examples of fraud includes claims in PMG's cover letter [See Attachment 9B below: original PMG cover letter] that PMG's procedures will result in a "full head of hair" [2nd line of 2nd para of letter] that is "virtually non-detectible." [5th bullet in letter]

In 2012, Dr. Puig is CURRENTLY Vice-President & President-Elect of ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, ishrs.org) and Dr. Mangubat is Hair Foundation Liaison of ISHRS (see ISHRS' 2012 leadership in link: http://www.ishrs.org/member-board.php and in ATTACHMENT 8 below, and http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9541300. Seeing this, I filed a formal complaint against Drs. Puig & Mangubat with Dr. Jennifer Martinick, President of ISHRS. Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS & the current ISHRS Leadership did NOTHING to discipline these UNETHICAL doctors who had previously engaged in BLATANTLY FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING. Therefore, Dr. Jennifer Martinick & current ISHRS Leadership ARE A COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession!

Just so that Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS & the current ISHRS Leadership can't accuse me of selectively quoting or misquoting them, I have included the entire text of Dr. Martinick's email responses to my complaint in the ATTACHMENTS below.

A summary of Dr. Jennifer Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's COMPLETELY DISGRACEFUL treatment of my ethics complaint:

- On May 1, 2012, I sent an email to Dr. Jennifer Martinick, MBBS with my formal complaint that included links to PROOF of Drs. Puig's & Mangubat's UNETHICAL & ILLEGAL conduct (same links as above). See ATTACHMENT 1 below for the May 1, 2012 email).

- On May 21, 2012, Dr. Martinick sent a reply email asking for personal info about me, such as date of birth and full name. See ATTACHMENT 2 below. HOWEVER, my personal info HAS NO BEARING on the charges in my complaint because my complaint is based on what Dr. Puig, Dr. Mangubat, and Puig Medical Group (PMG) claimed on PMG's OWN letters and booklets (and I posted online: https://sites.google.com/site/pmgincompetent/ ).

To this point, FYI, I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the University of Washington ("UofW"), and got a response back from Dr. Lawrence R. Robinson, M.D, Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs and Graduate Medical Education on March 11, 2012 [see ATTACHMENT 3 below]. PLEASE NOTE DR. ROBINSON DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH HIS ACTION TO REQUIRE DR. MANGUBAT TO CORRECT WHAT HE CLAIMED ON HIS ONLINE RESUME! Dr. Robinson indicated to me that 1) He had investigated my complaint; and 2) Dr. Mangubat was no longer associated with the UofW Medical Center, and to "please be assured that we will take the actions we consider appropriate regarding Dr. Mangubat's website. " SEE details of CORRECTION to Dr. Mangubat's online resume in ATTACHMENT 3 below.

I also filed a complaint against Dr. Mangubat with the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (WAOCS), and Dr. Peter Lisborg, President of WAOCS ( http://www.waocs.org/ ), has indicated to me that my ethics complaint will be discussed at the next Board meeting [see ATTACHMENT 4 below]. PLEASE ALSO NOTE DR. LISBORG DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY PERSONAL INFO TO PROCEED WITH MY COMPLAINT!

HENCE I COMPLETELY FAIL TO SEE WHY Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership would need personal info about me to proceed with my complaint [since 2 other organizations were able to proceed without such personal info]??!! I hope you see the reasons my skepticism about Dr. Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's motivations for asking for such personal info [which is unnecessary to investigate my complaint and will require me to waive my right to privacy]. Consequently on May 28, I sent Dr. Martinick an email in which I stated that I would not be providing personally identifiable information (see ATTACHMENT 5 below)

Dr. Martinick's & the current ISHRS Leadership's refusal to proceed without personal info from me is a BLATANT & PATHETIC STONEWALLING TACTIC because, as demonstrated by Dr. Robinson's and Dr. Lisborg's actions described above, such info is NOT necessary for Dr. Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership to proceed with my complaint!!

- On June 13, Dr. Martinick sent another reply confirming that she & the current ISHRS Leadership will not proceed with investigating my complaint without the personal info she & the current ISHRS Leadership asked me to provide (see ATTACHMENT 6 below). Such inaction by Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership speaks volumes about that COMPLETE LACK OF SELF-REGULATION by the current ISHRS Leadership. Dr. Martinick"˜s entire email is in ATTACHMENT 6. Part of her reasoning:

"We also appreciate the seriousness of your allegations (while noting that they relate to procedures purportedly performed seventeen to eighteen years ago). Upon review of our policies and the information you provided, the Society has declined to investigate. "

- SO WHAT if the allegations relate to procedures performed 17 years ago???!!! The allegations being 17 years ago DIDN'T STOP Dr. Robinson and Dr. Lisborg from taking action!! [AGAIN, SEE PROOF of action taken in ATTACHMENTS 3 & 4 below] Just because somebody committed a crime 17 years ago does NOT mean that person should no longer be disciplined/prosecuted for it today [Example: Jerry Sandusky of Penn State!!]

- The claim that the current ISHRS Leadership shouldn't/can't do anything about my complaint about things that Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat did 15+ years ago is BASELESS AND WITHOUT MERIT. ISHRS on its website states this association is "dedicated to promulgating the highest standards of medical practice and medical ethics" (see ATTACHMENT 7 below). THIS IS A TOTALLY LAUGHABLE CLAIM because Dr. Martinick & the current ISHRS leadership's decision not to proceed with my complaint COMPLETELY FLIES IN THE FACE of even the MINIMAL standards of ethics and professional conduct!!!!

- the current ISHRS Leadership, by having Dr. Puig as its Vice President (and President-Elect!) & Dr. Mangubat as Hair Foundation Liaison, explicitly endorses Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat as leading surgeons in the Hair Transplant industry. Dr. Puig, as VP, reflects on the integrity and ethics (or LACK THEREOF) of ISHRS as an organization. IN FACT, Dr. Puig on his online resume (Link: http://www.hairrestorationhouston.com/downloads/CJ ) HIGHLIGHTS his association with ISHRS as one of his resume qualifications/credentials! Hence the current ISHRS Leadership IS ETHICALLY OBLIGATED to take appropriate action to address my complaint.

- Please note, I'm not saying that Dr. Martinick can ban Dr. Puig and Dr. Mangubat from the Hair Transplant/Cosmetic Surgery industry, she obviously can't; HOWEVER, Dr. Martinick and the current ISHRS Leadership DEFINITELY CAN SEVER THEIR TIES TO Dr. Puig & Dr. Mangubat....that is within the organization's leadership's jurisdiction and purview (just as the Univ of Washington did!!). If the current ISHRS Leadership does not disassociate itself with these UNETHICAL doctors, this indicates the current ISHRS Leadership endorses Dr. Puig's & Dr. Mangubat's past UNETHICAL/ILLEGAL actions. In that case (as is now, since Dr. Martinick has done NOTHING to discipline Dr. Puig or Dr. Mangubat), it is FAIR GAME for me to criticize ISHRS as an organization whose leadership consists of UNETHICAL, BAD ACTORS.

To the point above, if an industry organization such as a Bar Association for lawyers had in its leadership persons who were engaged in UNETHICAL conduct in the past, the media would HAMMER the Bar Association to death, to the point where that person would have to RESIGN.

Why should ISHRS be any different?? IF ANYTHING, ISHRS is comprised of DOCTORS, who take an OATH to DO NO HARM, so the standard should be EVEN HIGHER than a Bar Association! Although I am not the person who created this website http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/94bo I see exactly why this person says "the Hair Transplant Industry is a DISGRACE" if organizations like ISHRS have people like Dr. Puig in its leadership.

FYI, the reasons why I waited until now to bring forward my complaint include:

- Because ISHRS didn't exist in the mid-late 1990s, not to mention the internet did not exist to nearly the same extent then.

- Because I did post my original complaint several years ago; HOWEVER, at the time, I didn't realize that I still had in my possession PMG's original 1994 cover letter and booklet that are FILLED with FALSE ADVERTISING, MISLEADING STATEMENTS & LIES. Hence Dr. Mangubat was able to DENY my claims, and it was just my word against his, and I could not PROVE that I was indeed telling the truth. NOW I CAN!

- Because in the past year, after moving to a new place and opening boxes that hadn't been opened in 10+ years, I discovered that I still had PMG's original 1994 docs, and thus I posted all of them online.

ATTACHMENT 1: Email Complaint I filed with ISHRS President Dr. Jennifer Martinick

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZT19 />

ATTACHMENT 2: Dr. Jennifer Martinick's email on May 21, 2012 asking me for personal information, incl. full name, date of birth, address when surgeries were performed, etc.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZNTE />

ATTACHMENT 3: Email from Dr. Lawrence R. Robinson, Vice Dean, Univ. of Washington Medicine ("UW MED"), noting 1) he has investigated my complaint; and 2) Dr. Mangubat is no longer associated with UW Med; PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Robinson DID NOT ask for any personal info from me to proceed with his investigation

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZWlI />

ATTACHMENT 4 DR. LISBORG's email to me [BOLD font added by me]:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZY2V />

ATTACHMENT 5: My email response to Dr. Martinick's email declining to provide personal info

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZMnV />

ATTACHMENT 6 Email I received from ISHRS President Dr. Jennifer Martinick saying ISHRS will not proceed with my complaint and so will not discipline Drs. Puig & Mangubat [BOLD font added by me]:

ATTACHMENT 7 ISHRS'S MISSION FROM ITS WEBSITE [BOLD font added by me]:

Link: http://www.ishrs.org/

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZSHR />

ATTACHMENT 8 ISHRS'S LEADERSHIP FROM ITS WEBSITE

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzZzgThDRJbZQ01 />

ATTACHMENT 9A PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 BOOKLET, PAGES 1 & 7 ON BALDNESS & SCALP REDUCTION SURGERIES:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJfQV21H8WzP />

ATTACHMENT 9B PUIG MEDICAL GROUP (PMG) 1994 COVER LETTER FILLED WITH LIES AND FALSE-ADVERTISING:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cMMOj9DKc5gS />

See Cover Letter in these links:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044312878544971720 />

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
4 of 4 Dr Jennifer Martinick reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 21, 2014 #776263

I thought there was a law against SPAM

FAKE-SPOTTA

Nov 23, 2013 #746796

...a complaint from 20 years ago that you wanted the ISHRS to investigate, but you don't want to give them your real name, then you go post 300 pages all about it... :roll :roll :roll LAME!

AND surpressing someones name from court records ISN'T the same thing as not wanting to give your name for whatever reason... :grin

and ur excuse about waiting till now to complain just cos they didnt have ISHRS back then or the internet.... LAME. :eek

FAKE :upset fake :upset fake :eek fake :roll fake fake...

Nov 20, 2013 #745255 Perth, Western Australia, Australia

…Procedures for dealing with complaints..

Having worked hard over 20 years to build a reputation as the undisputed medical authority on hair restoration, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) has grown into a stronger, wiser, more progressive, transparent and accountable society.

Surgical techniques have evolved significantly to deliver transplants that are so natural in appearance they are difficult to detect to the untrained eye.

Nowadays, hair restoration physicians using best practice techniques utilise a synergy of medical training, mathematics, science and artistry to create natural looking hair transplants.

This is significantly different from the procedures and surgical techniques practiced over 15 years ago.

But, like all individuals, professions and organisations that have undergone growth and change, hair restoration physicians have to acknowledge and learn from past mistakes.

And, it can not be taken for granted that all doctors working in the field of hair transplantation will embrace the surgical concepts above.

Physicians embracing ‘best practice techniques’ are always striving for continuous improvement and to surpass our patients’ expectations.

When a patient’s expectations are not met and a complaint is made, a detailed investigation is undertaken.

To investigate thoroughly, as much information as possible is
... Show more

Nov 20, 2013 #745254 Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Martinick Hair Restoration
Procedures for dealing with complaints..

Hair restoration physicians using best practice techniques utilise a synergy of medical training, mathematics, science and artistry to create natural looking hair transplants.

To investigate thoroughly, as much information as possible is required regarding the details of a patient’s concerns.

The information required includes the patient’s full name, their date of birth, their home address at the time of the procedure, the date of the procedure as well as an address of the facility/clinic where the procedure was undertaken.

And, if a patient has a concern or complaint it is valuable to hear about it as soon as possible. ... Show more

zoom2randy

Oct 03, 2013 #724820

I'm sorry to hear about your experience but I am very happy with my results. I was referred by a friend and have referred several of my friends and relatives since my procedure. We all had great results. I have seen many of Dr Jennifer Martinick's patients results in person.

Sep 26, 2013 #722258

Unfortunately the internet and public forums can be a median for individuals to try discrediting prominent health professionals as well as the associations they may be associated with. Perhaps these individuals who write these so called bad reviews have their own hidden agenda whereby somehow they benefit by bad - mouthing others.

Sep 23, 2013 #720885 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Dr Jennifer Martinick rebuttal:
Patients, colleagues, associates and friends I write to address the nature of some misleading
material published on the website, Hair Transplant Network, including the inaccurate and
generalised statement on Hair Transplant Network that there are no quality hair restoration
professionals in Australia.
Operated by Media Visions, www.hairtransplantnetwork.com is one of several interconnected
websites claiming to provide unbiased information about hair restoration physicians and
treatments.
Media Visions does not employ any medical doctors and is not affiliated with or approved by
any medical specialisation board or certification organisation.
The website derives its income from sponsorship fees – fees which I paid during my
membership of Hair Transplant Network between 2000 and 2006.
I accepted an invitation to join Hair Transplant Network in 2000 and in accordance with that
invitation I paid an annual fee of approximately $20,000 to $30,000. This fee was for the
promotion of my services as a hair restoration surgeon on the site.
I remained a member until 2006; however, at that time I chose to allocate the money spent
with Hair Transplant Network, towards creating awareness and education about hair
restoration surgery and hair loss issues across a broader variety of media, professional and
public education forums.
I advised Hair
... Show more

Mickstar

Sep 22, 2013 #720095 Perth, Western Australia, Australia

HI there,
By reading your article above it sounds like you have never even met Dr Jennifer Martinick nor have you ever had a procedure from her. I can't understand then how you could rubbish her given the fact that she has had some 25 plus years in the hair restoration industry and was voted President of the ISHRS by her own colleagues.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dr Jennifer Martinick.
Filing a new complaint about
×