Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
3.0
Updated by user Jul 12, 2021

I do want to give a shout out to the one person on staff at The Downtown Grand Las Vegas that was helpful and caring in trying to make it right for me, Ms. Jennifer Lawhorn. I was actually transferred to her by the Hotel Operator who cut me off and sent my call to the wrong department.

Original review updated by user Jul 12, 2021

During the pandemic in November when Vegas was struggling and hotels were less than a quarter full, I made a date with my girlfriend to have a "getaway date" at the Downtown Grand Las Vegas. I have lived in Las Vegas since 2010 and had wanted to experience the hotel as a local.

I also hold a Bachelor's Degree In Hotel and Restaurant Management. I have a keen eye for nuances of the things that most would miss.

The reservation was booked through Expedia for weeknight upgraded to a suite that was second only to the most expensive available.

The day of the reservation, my girlfriend was told that she was positive for Covid. I called the hotel and explained that my gf was my priority and we had to cancel. I was instructed to call Hotels.com (Expedia) for the cancellation.

I did and was told it was a non-refundable rate and I was out of luck. I waited to fight another day since I had to care for my girl. After finally deciding to reopen the case, I reached out to the hotel in June of this year, eight months after. I explained the situation from that day and was rudely told that we had been "no shows" with no notice.

That was a terrible lie from an executive in reservations. All of this was done by email. After multiple exchanges of emails with multiple employees and management, I was told that a refund would be issued but that I was not welcome to ever use the Downtown Grand in the future. Unreal.

I have been trying to get the refund into my accounts nut was stuck in my dealings with Expedia and Hotels.com and the latest news is that the Downtown Grand Las Vegas has since decided not to refund my money in any way, shape or form. I will update when I have a result.

User's recommendation: AVOID.

Downtown Grand Hotel And Casino Pros: Beautiful rooms and property.

Downtown Grand Hotel And Casino Cons: Executive staff, Company policies, False accusations of guest actions.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Downtown Grand Hotel And Casino Reviews