Doug Russell Marine - Dishonest employees and questionable pricing
in the last week-Edit
I recently made an order on dougrussell.com. I found a steering wheel for my boat on the site, thought it was cool looking and it was a great price so I ordered it. When I got the delivery I thought it was a mistake because it was not a wheel. I went back to the site and the page that I was on had a picture of the wheel and the clear description of it. I contact Doug Russell via e-mail and said I had gotten the wrong thing. The rep replied and stated that the listing was incorrect that was for the hub (which I received, not the wheel). He said that he was sorry and I could send it back. I said that I thought they should honor the price, it was their mistake. The rep said he would gladly do so but they "don't carry that wheel"
I was disappointed but moved on, the next day I'm looking elsewhere for the wheel and what do I find, the wheel advertised for $200 more than I had ordered it for. Of course, I contacted the company they now the rep stated the product is a special order, not they don't carry it. And although he said he would honor the price if he could get the wheel, the rep now says he will give me a $50 discount on the wheel if bought from them. This is the same exact wheel he said he could not get 24 hours earlier. I asked for his boss' contact info and his boss e-mailed me today. Basically he says the same thing as the rep., does not assume responsibility for their error and clearly supports the employee that has lied to at least one of his customers. He said the only thing he will do is refund my money when I send the hub that they sent back. He also stated that he would give me $50 against the wheel if I wanted to "special order" it.
I do believe that the listing was a mistake but I also know that the rep lied about the availability of that steering wheel; I guess because they didn't want to lose the $200. I say that they are a shady business that clearly will put a couple hundred before any thought of customer satisfaction and integrity in doing what you say you are going to do. I will not shop there again and I would say buyer beware to anyone that expects to pay the price as advertised for boat supplies.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Fast shipping
What I disliked
- Lies and bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Steering Wheel
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives..."
- "Will not make good or return any calls concerning $ 3080.00 worth of Chroming that is defective. Also has taken additional parts, approx. $ 300.00 from me, no response. Promised several..."
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I bought a new radio for my vehicle and it is defective. ALIEXPRESS and the company Jorge Car DVD co, ltd will not support the one year warranty they claim..."
- "I paid for a pocket book. Emailed a week later to ask for tracking no response I emailed again no response. I emailed again who every got very smart like..."
- "It was first a back order in august now its november and they keep saying its shipped i havent recieved my jeans yet .i gave you guys my new address..."