Doug Russell Marine - Dishonest employees and questionable pricing

4 of 4 Doug Russell Marine reviews

Chris Rapanick

in the last week-Edit

I recently made an order on dougrussell.com. I found a steering wheel for my boat on the site, thought it was cool looking and it was a great price so I ordered it. When I got the delivery I thought it was a mistake because it was not a wheel. I went back to the site and the page that I was on had a picture of the wheel and the clear description of it. I contact Doug Russell via e-mail and said I had gotten the wrong thing. The rep replied and stated that the listing was incorrect that was for the hub (which I received, not the wheel). He said that he was sorry and I could send it back. I said that I thought they should honor the price, it was their mistake. The rep said he would gladly do so but they "don't carry that wheel"

I was disappointed but moved on, the next day I'm looking elsewhere for the wheel and what do I find, the wheel advertised for $200 more than I had ordered it for. Of course, I contacted the company they now the rep stated the product is a special order, not they don't carry it. And although he said he would honor the price if he could get the wheel, the rep now says he will give me a $50 discount on the wheel if bought from them. This is the same exact wheel he said he could not get 24 hours earlier. I asked for his boss' contact info and his boss e-mailed me today. Basically he says the same thing as the rep., does not assume responsibility for their error and clearly supports the employee that has lied to at least one of his customers. He said the only thing he will do is refund my money when I send the hub that they sent back. He also stated that he would give me $50 against the wheel if I wanted to "special order" it.

I do believe that the listing was a mistake but I also know that the rep lied about the availability of that steering wheel; I guess because they didn't want to lose the $200. I say that they are a shady business that clearly will put a couple hundred before any thought of customer satisfaction and integrity in doing what you say you are going to do. I will not shop there again and I would say buyer beware to anyone that expects to pay the price as advertised for boat supplies.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Fast shipping
  • What I disliked
    • Lies and bait and switch

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Steering Wheel
Review category
Equipment
review #592080 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Doug Russell Marine? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 4 Doug Russell Marine reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.