Done Right Moving and Storage - HORRIBLE MOVERS
I'm going to preface this bad review with the fact that the FIRST move I ever used movers for was just under 2 years ago and I hired Done Right and was EXTREMELY satisfied with their services.So when I moved this past weekend, I again used them...
I was LESS THAN satisfied with the service I received. The foreman was lazy and spent more time on the truck and texting on his phone than actually doing work. The two other men on the crew I cannot say a bad word about, other than perhaps they were given poor direction by the foreman and apparently did not know the difference between a dining room, living room, and bedroom. I called the office to let them know what was going on and instead of the foreman trying to get his act together and make it right, instead tried to become ingnorant and defensive with me while my fiance was not present to witness it.
(Side note: I am nearly 8 months pregnant). What took 3 men (of half this crew's height and weight) to move (aside from perhaps 3 additional major appliances and an extra table set - which were in the same area as the truck and broken down ready to go!!!) 2 years earlier 3 total hours and 1 hr of travel (approx 45 miles) AND they had to still help me wrap and pack most everything in my apt up, it took this crew 3 and 1/2 hours to move approx 0.8-1 miles away AND THEN, did not even complete the job. I understand I refused to pay them for over 3 and 1/2 hrs of work and that's why they left nearly 75% of my belongings on the tree bank in front of my house and threw everything else into the house or left it strewn about in the garage, but give me a break! When you quote someone for a 1 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor to the 1st floor 1 mile away 2-3 hours, and then the foreman gets there, looks around but does not even bother to take a walk thru to verify contents and estimate the job properly and says 3 hrs, then proceeds to take 2 and 1/2 hrs just at the first location, gets to the 2nd location and says it will only take 1 more hour to get it all IN, that hour passes and then doesn't even come close to meeting that goal and dumps my stuff where people are circling around the block to see if its garbage for them to pick through, THAT IS RIDICULOUS!
I was offered no kind of refund or even common courtesy from the foreman, nor the office staff who "handled" my complaint. I hope the owner reads this and FIRES that foreman. Its workers like that, that give companies a bad reputation. I could go on and on about how horrible the service was and how they left boxes at my old apt and lost screws that were taped onto things purposely NOT to be lost, but I can;t even waste any more time.
Even with my frist experience being so amazing, I will NEVER use this company again, and I plan on filing in small claims court VERY SOON.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction. I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility..."
- "Using All State for a cross-country move is the biggest mistake I ever made!! I have since discovered that All State Van Lines has many complaints filed against them, all..."
- "I made a book several years ago and asked picaboo staff if I wanted to make another could I they said yes we save all projects for you. Now..."
- "Bought this model at the end of season last year to get a decent sprinkler (model RP-OSTO-D). Finally used it last year a couple times and was pleased with it...."
- "i bought the mama cozzi mega stuffed pizza rolls the other day. I made 4 of them when, i bit into the last one it was filled with a white..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."