Done Right Moving and Storage - HORRIBLE MOVERS
I'm going to preface this bad review with the fact that the FIRST move I ever used movers for was just under 2 years ago and I hired Done Right and was EXTREMELY satisfied with their services.So when I moved this past weekend, I again used them...
I was LESS THAN satisfied with the service I received. The foreman was lazy and spent more time on the truck and texting on his phone than actually doing work. The two other men on the crew I cannot say a bad word about, other than perhaps they were given poor direction by the foreman and apparently did not know the difference between a dining room, living room, and bedroom. I called the office to let them know what was going on and instead of the foreman trying to get his act together and make it right, instead tried to become ingnorant and defensive with me while my fiance was not present to witness it.
(Side note: I am nearly 8 months pregnant). What took 3 men (of half this crew's height and weight) to move (aside from perhaps 3 additional major appliances and an extra table set - which were in the same area as the truck and broken down ready to go!!!) 2 years earlier 3 total hours and 1 hr of travel (approx 45 miles) AND they had to still help me wrap and pack most everything in my apt up, it took this crew 3 and 1/2 hours to move approx 0.8-1 miles away AND THEN, did not even complete the job. I understand I refused to pay them for over 3 and 1/2 hrs of work and that's why they left nearly 75% of my belongings on the tree bank in front of my house and threw everything else into the house or left it strewn about in the garage, but give me a break! When you quote someone for a 1 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor to the 1st floor 1 mile away 2-3 hours, and then the foreman gets there, looks around but does not even bother to take a walk thru to verify contents and estimate the job properly and says 3 hrs, then proceeds to take 2 and 1/2 hrs just at the first location, gets to the 2nd location and says it will only take 1 more hour to get it all IN, that hour passes and then doesn't even come close to meeting that goal and dumps my stuff where people are circling around the block to see if its garbage for them to pick through, THAT IS RIDICULOUS!
I was offered no kind of refund or even common courtesy from the foreman, nor the office staff who "handled" my complaint. I hope the owner reads this and FIRES that foreman. Its workers like that, that give companies a bad reputation. I could go on and on about how horrible the service was and how they left boxes at my old apt and lost screws that were taped onto things purposely NOT to be lost, but I can;t even waste any more time.
Even with my frist experience being so amazing, I will NEVER use this company again, and I plan on filing in small claims court VERY SOON.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."
- "The manager Geoffrey Taylor and Victoria are racist. I went to see about a storage unit and was told they no more units available as soon as I walked in..."
- "i bought the mama cozzi mega stuffed pizza rolls the other day. I made 4 of them when, i bit into the last one it was filled with a white..."
- "Bought this model at the end of season last year to get a decent sprinkler (model RP-OSTO-D). Finally used it last year a couple times and was pleased with it...."
- "Poor workmanship,paid $900 extra for a patio wit cracks running through every block. Hasn't been fixed, put off since last Febuary..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."