DON WOOD POLARIS SOLD ME EBAY ATV WITH BAC CAMSHAFT,CARB NEEDED REBUILD& HEADLIGHTS BLOWN
ATV WAS DIAGNOSED AT TWO REPAIR SHOP AND BOTH DETERMINED IT WAS THEY CAMSHAFT THAT NEEDED REPLACING AND THE CARBURATOR NEEDED REBUILT.
Ebay Item number: 200390388700 but it came with a worn out camshaft bad carbuator and burnt out headlights. ( $1183in damage )
On the Ebay ad it said " Mechanically sound " I also asked Scott the service manages and Allen the sale person before I purchased it is the machine has any problems. They both said " no it runs fine and out shop checks everything out before they sell atvs "
I received atv and it did not work from the minute I received it off the shipping pallet. There is not 1 mile more on the odometer than as shown on the ebay listing from seller Don Wood becuase I could not use it.
There was 3 problems one it would not idell and would stall and two it had no speed over 18mph and no *** power ( would not spin the tires on gravel even ) I contacted seller and he said take it to a shop. The shop fix problem one and it was the carburator.The last is burnt out headlights
The second problem ( undetermined yet ) the seller said " You bought as is but we can give you a extra $100 dollars to end this" . I said no as I do not know if it will cost more than $100 to fix. He stated "thats all we are going to pay and thats it."
My local repair shop here then traced the second problem . It was a camshaft that was very badly worn out . My local repair shop said " there was extensive long term wear on the camshaft and that there was now way any dealer would not have known it had problems as it was backfiring thought the carburator and the the lifters were making a bad engine sound because the camshaft was worn out" . My repair center said it is obvious they new it was a bad atv and just unloaded it on you.
I told Don Wood I do not expect a 6 month warranty but do expect it to run fine as he stated on the ebay listing and his word.
When I first bought the atv I paid by Visa and sent them my ID ( drivers liecces and social insurance number ) and they registered it in my name. Then Don Wood phoned and said " we can not ship it to you being paid by Visa we have to have a certified check so you can not dispute the Visa charge because then they would be out the money " I thought this was odd but I just agreed and then I got them to let me pay by paypal and they credited my visa back and I paid by paypal .
Now I know why they did not want to let me pay by Visa because it would have been easy for me to dispute the charge and Don Wood knew the atv was damage so they wanted to make sure I could not go back on them.
I think its a shame a Dealer would scam people like this because they have a repair shop with train mechanics they obviously knew there was something wrong with this atv. I talked to another person who bought a atv from them on ebay and he caught them in a lie by checking his atv warenty repair history and Don Wood put some parts on it trying to fix the problem they sold it broke to another ebay buyer.
I have all emails as most of the conversation was through email. What I am claiming is for is the amount it will cost so the atv will run $1183
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Honda Rincon
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "Received an offer stating that I would receive 25000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy. Called several times to confirm the offer. Each time the representative..."
- "My second cover, the first would have been under warranty (4 years out of a 5 year warranty) but I lost the paper work. The second came with their 7..."
- "We hired Andy Barbe inc. to renovate our basement. He had a totally unfinished basement to start with and was to complete it from June 15 till September 1st. On..."