Don Mealey - Sold A Defected Vehicle
Update added by user May 15, 2012
I did NOT give Don Mealey a four star rating. When looking at this review it looks like it was rated four stars. I WOULD NEVER GIVE DON MEALEY ANYTHING MORE THAN ONE STAR, AND THAT IS BECAUSE I DON\'T HAVE THE OPTION TO GIVE IT A LOWER RATING!!!!!!!!!!
Original review posted by user Apr 30, 2012
Don Mealey in Clermont Florida is a Joke.We bought a truck less then a month ago and we have had a headache since.
The truck ran great for our five minute test drive. Within the second day of having the truck home we noticed a rattling in the motor. Don Mealey insisted the rattling noise in the motor is "normal" . We knew better then that.
We had two cerified mechanics check out the truck and they both confirmed the lifters were going bad and needed to be replaced. Finally the mechanic at Don Mealey admitted the truck had "lazy lifters". After giving us the run around for about three weeks (thick oil treatments to quiet the noise) and stating that this is not something that needed to be fixed they bought the truck back to resale. I know this because it's for sale on the website two days later.
So buyers beware of a 2002 Grey Chevy Silveraldo 1500 LS that has a "normal" rattling sound.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Chevy Silveraldo 2002
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "In recent Consumer Reports, the second generation Prius has shown to have issues with the electrical reliability of the vehicle despite its overall high reliability ratings. As an owner of..."
- "This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at..."
- "I ordered 2 dresses from this site 4days apart. The first dress was a BLUE JEAN DRESS but what I received was a COTTON MATERIAL SHIRT. 4 days later I..."
- "Beware of Orlando Florida Credit Repair - StateWide Credit Repair! Full of false advertisements!!! My wife and I paid this company a flat fee of $450.00 to repair our credit to remove..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."