Beware of Ripoff. Displays2Go white-glove delivery
I couldn't be more unhappy with Displays2Go. First, I ordered two retail counter display cabinets online. I ordered them thinking they would come assembled. I was wrong (and the specifications do say that). So on this score, it's all on me. BUT, thinking I was ordering assembled cabinets, I paid nearly $700 for white glove delivery—for the assembled cabinets to be taken into my store and uncrated, with packing materials removed. A two-person job, as stated on the shipping/freight papers.
What I got were nine boxes and one delivery person, who could do nothing more than bring the boxes into the store. $700 for that!!! I called customer service. They offered not one penny back on the white glove shipping. Nothing, zero, zip, nada.
So here's my biggest gripe: if everything is unassembled, why offer white-glove delivery in the first place? What's the point? Knowing how absurd and financially obscene this service is for unassembled pieces, such requests should generate a red flag to Customer Service. They, in turn, should contact the customer in such cases and verify that white-glove delivery is indeed what they want. So, in short, I paid more than $1,100 for two unassembled display cases that are no better than what I can get from Store Supply Warehouse. My recommendation to others? Buy from Store Supply. They sell assembled products and will deliver them inside. Now, I'm off to spread more bad reviews of this rip-off company.
(And...because I specified white-glove delivery, my order took 10 days to be delivered from Rhode Island to the coast of North Carolina. And I had to dog it every step of the way, as no one communicated anything, ever. The company didn't even send an email notifying me the cabinets had been shipped.)
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Slow-as-molasses delivery
- Unfulfilled white glove delivery
You May Also Like
- "Worldcore is some kind of an scam to collect interest on your money and exorbitant fees for doing basically nothing. They will issue you a supposedly "verified" account but then..."
- "Back on Wednesday, June 1st, 2016, I took My Very First Flight Using My Precious 30,000 SkyMiles That I Have Religiously Saved For Through Delta Airlines To Go From Buenos..."
- "Stay far away from Greenline Relocation and Services if you want your items to arrive in one piece.My move was only 55 miles and the damage ther did was just..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "When I returned home Thursday afternoon my internet service via Sudden Link was inoperative.After 3 attempts at resetting modems and routers I figured it was..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."