Disney Store - Sold me an out of stock item, never contacted me, Christmas ruined.
This is not the first time this has happened.Every Christmas it seems open-stock items like accessory sets as I purchased (the Elsa costume accessory set for $24.95) sell out well before Christmas and are not restocked.
That leaves you to hunt for one with a scalper on auction sites. I ordered a set to go with my daughter's Elsa costume for Christmas. It was IN STOCK and I was allowed to order it and pay for it. After a week I emailed the Disney Store, and was told by "Kerri" in an email that at the time I ordered it, it was out of stock!
WHAT?! Then why the heck would you allow the order to process, and then not notify me to boot! This set is a mass produced one, made in China as they all are, that they create massive demand for by under-stocking. Thanks Disney Store!
My daughter's Christmas surprise is ruined. Again. I should have learned last year! They are just like Best Buy on a Black Friday.
Selling what they don't have, except at least Best Buy didn't waste your time and they told their customers eventually that they weren't getting what they had ordered. For all the money I spend there I'm ashamed of this company.
For my "inconvenience" I am supposedly being issued a $15.00 online gift card." No such gift card or code was emailed to me, so lets add that to the fraudulent actions and false statements I've heard.Poor ethics and poor business practices.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Out Of Stock Items
- Review category
- Kids' Stores
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a dress for my niece Jun.8, 2016 because the picture on Screaming Owl's FB site was gorgeous and claimed to be "Made to Order"...in other words...they didn't "make"..."
- "I was skeptical of ordering from Screaming Owl after seeing reviews, but I wanted to try it out for myself. I received my first order within 2 1/2 weeks..."
- "Image isn't great quality because they remove all original images from their website so you cannot compare when your actual item ordered arrives. I found one in google to..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."