Discover Sicily - AVOID villa HITRYA, SICILY, Trabia from Discover-Sicily.eu
We booked this villa in Sicily, Trabia in July 2011. This villa was advertised on the web under another name (Nespola). Although they've now changed the name of the villa (HITRYA) I think the very poor infrastructure of the house & pool along with its furnishings will remain so potential clients KEEP AWAY!
Following our horrible experience with the property owner Mr. Greco:
On arriving at the villa, we were greeted by the owner and given a view around. l asked him 4 times about the "welcome pack" as l could not see one. He eventually said his wife forget to do one and gave me a bottle of water? As this was Sunday all the shops were closed and we did not bring anything with us as we thought a pack would be there. We spend 2 hours driving around trying to get food and could only get some milk from a local bar. Not very good as we had 2 young children.
The welcome pack did not arrive until the Wednesday when we had to text him again about issues with the pool water which was extremely dirty and mentioned the fact that no welcome pack had arrived. He arrived at 11.00pm when we were just about to go to bed. Again as l mentioned a family with 2 young children and no welcome pack, which would of included something to eat and drink for the Monday morning. We spent 2 hours driving around to see if anything was open on the sunday, time wasted which we could of spend enjoying ourselves, not hot and bothered in a car after travelling all day (which we could only get some milk from a bar) We had to go out early on Monday for our breakfast, wasting time again when we could of spend this sight seeing. If you adverise that fact that a welcome pack will be there, you should supply it.
On looking around the villa, the railings on the balcony are unsafe and not secure, with the bars coming away from the cement so we could not have the children up there. Also, the ground around the pool had come away making it not safe for the young children. The pool broke down twice and we had to call the owner out to fix it.
On our last day, Mr Greco came around and spoke to one of my daughters to say that the cleaners would arrive at 8.30 in the morning (day of departure). She said that check out was not until 10.00am but he insisted that the cleaner had to come before that and that he would arrive at 9.30am to check the meters etc. We felt that we were being rushed out. On the Saturday, we got up early so that we were ready for 8.30 but no one arrived except the pool men. We waited and waited, again with 2 young children and everything packed away not a good experience. The owner finally turned up at 11.15am but forget our deposit of 1000/euro so we had to wait a further hour before some one turned up with it. All l can say is it is a good job we did not book a early flight as we would of missed it. We book villas around Italy all the time and this is the worse experience we have come across and one we do not want to repeat.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I stayed at the comfort in in Birmingham Alabama on colonnade parkway. this was by far the WORST hotel i have EVER been in. just a list of what was..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "Is onlinecompliancepanel.com in the business of offering trainings or spamming? Is this what their courses offer, too? , I’ve never enrolled for any of their courses, but have a strong..."
- "We booked this villa in Sicily, Trabia in July 2011. This villa was advertised on the web under another name (Nespola). Although they've now changed the name of the villa..."
- "Buonasera, ho ordinato un secondo abito da sposa, numero ordine: k60317226231. A differenza del primo, praticamente perfetto, la lunghezza di quest'ultimo era sbagliata di quasi 20 cm. Eliminare la..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."