Direct USA Foods

28 of 45 Direct Usa reviews

I had a guy named Russell that came to my house on 1/8/13.He said his boss had a truck full of meat & no room to put it & so he wanted his guys to go door to door to sell it.He kept on pushing me to buy some of his meat & I ended up buying 1 box of 8-6 Oz.of Filet Mignon for $20.00 but instead I got 8-6Oz.of Filet of Sirloin.The meat was tough that you couldn't even chew it.

Russell tried to get me to use a debit, food stamps or a credit card & which I didn't. I paid him in cash and there was no receipt either. They came out of Yorkville, N.Y..I tried to call the company and Russell's cell phone but no answer on either. Russell's cell phone didn't have a voice message either.The company & the people that works for them should be put in jail & pay us our money & then some.

I took pics of the meat, flyer and the box that the meat came in. I'm disabled & on a fix income. I'm really mad about this & something needs to be done about it.

If they tricked me into buying their *** can you imagine what they would do to the elderly.They are real scammers & I didn't think it would ever happen to me.Please tell me what I can do about this problem.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
28 of 45 Direct Usa reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 21, 2015 #1081971

These are mostly alcoholics and drug addicts that live in hotels or flop houses . (There are a few smart ones that have genuinely made a life selling meat door to door, but mostly scammers) They work for these companies on 100% commission. The idea is for them to go out and SLAM (as they call it!) as much meat off their trucks as quickly and for as much as they can get, with the incentives of bonuses provided by a branch manager. They actually pay the company they work for around $100 per case. The company buys pallets of these meats from packing houses or brokers fro around $50.00 a case. The company charges the drivers credit card fees and truck charges. They will load up in the morning with around 10 cases , drive out (usually to a small town 50-100 miles from their office) and either knock on doors with stories like , "I deliver to the neighborhood", "I missed a delivery", "So & so couldn't take their order", " My customer died"..Whatever, you get the idea. The meat by the way is represented as being the most tender product available..Their objective is to 'Build the Value'! The meats are packaged pretty, but this is definitely not top of the line! the old meat companies ( I shall not name) actually use to sell 'Utility' meat that was 'needled to death (to break down gristle) and soaked in a solution to 'deteriorate' or 'breakdown' the product to be tender (often turning it to mush). After nationwide complaints , lawsuits , ect..Many of the 'Outfits' decided to... Show more

1 0 Reply
armed and irritated

Dec 25, 2014 #921145

These guys showed up at my house one time. I lived pretty far off of the beaten path and it wasn't easy to get to my house but they still showed up...and then wouldn't leave! No matter how many times I told them I wasn't interested they kept trying to sell me, giving me sob stories about over-ordering. I told them I wasn't interested again and again but they wouldn't leave, so I told them I would be right back. I went inside, grabbed my shotgun, charged back outside and told them they had until the count of ten to get off my property before I started firing. Never saw them again.

3 3 Reply
Steve James

Sep 29, 2014 #877201 Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States

This isn't even the boxes that our product comes in? This isn't even our brochure? You should get your facts correct before you post comments!

3 3 Reply

Dec 21, 2015 #1081974

Doesn't matter...Same junk...Different outfit...Your *** Men ( I know you like to call them drivers)..Sell drugs, stolen merchandise and anything else they can while driving around in 'your' trucks smoking *** all day...Why couldn't they have sold this ***? Do your 'boxes' have fillet mignon's in them???? Or is it the same junk..Sirloins , cut to look like a mignon!?...How do you live with yourself, being the ultimate ***?!

2 0 Reply
jhughes

Jun 04, 2013 #660093

I'm glad I did some checking and saw the comments here. I just had a guy come to my door with the same story - extra meat they had to sell. Luckily, I told him I am a vegetarian and did not buy anything. I also checked BBB and found a lot of complaints there. Unfortunately, people don't have the time to do this kind of checking when someone comes knocking at their door.

2 2 Reply
Bad News

Feb 13, 2013 #608343

I spoke to Mark Douglas, an investigative reporter from Tampa (the metro area where Direct USA is based) about this company, and it might be worth contacting him to tell your story. His e-mail is mdouglas@wfla.com. Direct USA is bad news, man. I have seen them in various places in Tampa, and their sales guys are all scam artists and are really sketchy. I even saw them harass an old couple at a KOA campground, and I asked the security team to kick them out and they did.

2 2 Reply
nikalseyn

Feb 03, 2013 #603413 Bay City, Michigan, United States

As you probably realize by now, this is an old scam. I have had these guys come to my door a few times over the years with the same, tired old story: we have too much for the truck and need to get rid of some, very cheap or my boss over-ordered and no room, etc.
The most important thing for people to think about is: why would you buy food from someone knocking at your door? Do you know anything about what kind of food it is? It's condition? about the guy selling it?
Best to just tell them you are not interested.

4 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct Usa.
Filing a new complaint about
×