Direct Energy - In my opinion they can't be trusted

4 of 490 Direct Energy reviews

I'm guilty of trusting Direct Energy Services LLC in Westerville, Ohio, my supplier of natural gas for my home in Cleveland.A few years ago I Got a knock on my door from their rep offering a great low rate, no commitments etc.

so I said sure. My mistake was not keeping an eye on my bill. Somehow I was later put on a variable rather than the fixed plan. When I compared my rate $8.29 per McF to rates posted on their website of $3.99 per McF I had to call their customer service.

Keep in mind that for Dec. 2016 I used 19 McF or difference of $81.70 just for that one month. When I called customer service the computer offered me a choice of numbers to push.One of which was "if you have questions on your bill" another if you wish to cancel and another if you wish to renew. Each time I choose question on bill The kind computer said I was being transferred then disconnected me, 3 times.

So I tried the number for "renew service" surprise, surprise I got right in.

Told on variable plan offer a fixed rate of $3.33 per McF for a 30 or so month commitment and I would get a $75.00 prepaid visa but nothing for the past.I'm done with this business and suggest you do the same.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had an experience with Direct Energy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 490 Direct Energy reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.