Houston, Texas

I did NOT knowingly authorize this company to charge my credit card for the amount of 109.90 or knowingly enter into a 14 day trial offer. Their ADVERSTISMENT on their website is deliberately misleading and designed to deceive customers.

The fine print is displayed in an off-white and very small font on the actual order page and not the actual product page. I have snapshots clearly showing the deceitful practice.

When I called and complained they quickly offered a $50 refund however I said I wanted to check with my bank first. Unfortunately my bank was not able to file the dispute because the fine print was present at the time I placed the order. Apparently it does not matter that the fine print was illegible.

The merchant then withdrew the $50 refund offer feeling emboldened by my bank's inability to file a dispute. When I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor I was told there isn't one available, when I asked when one will be available the representative said she doesn't know. When I insisted, she hung up on me.

This clearly demonstrates the intent by this merchant to trap and defraud consumers by using loopholes in the laws regarding Font Color and Font Size in advertisements. Someone has to jump in and defend consumers from predators like eCig.

Please do not do business with this merchant unless you are able to read the fine print regarding the terms of the trial offer.

Review about: Electronic Cigarette.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $109
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Direct E Cig?

Comments

They are indeed Scammers. Ther

There is no mention of Money anywhere .I ordered from an 800 number.

Then Someone called me back to verify my card and tell me that was policy and my trial ciggs would be on the way .

I refused all other offers the offeren and said no extras .i was charged 100.99 three week later and found it on the same day It was paypal so you are screwed e-cigg fraudsters / i also got credited and changed my card .

Sue

When I got nowhere talking to the RUDE girl from ECig company, I called my credit card and they are removing the charge and crediting my account.

I just read that the Better Business Bureau has had so many complaints that they reported the company to the surgeon general.

Don't allow them to get away with this SCAM...do what ever you can!

Good Luck!

tzv2

Same here, 1st paid $4.95, then $109.90 was taken from my bank account, Called and a creature named Mellisa first gave me $50 refund, then she was being nice, according to her, gave me $79 refund.So far, been 5 days and no refund in bank account yet.

Never ever order anything from this company again. Consumer protection had been notified.

you should do the same if u got ripped off.1 word to describe me "PISSED"

Smoker

:( I was able to stop the charges at my credit union @ $4.95....wheww We need to stop them from scamming good hard working people. Thanks to all you fine people for the warning and information!