Houston, Texas

I did NOT knowingly authorize this company to charge my credit card for the amount of 109.90 or knowingly enter into a 14 day trial offer. Their ADVERSTISMENT on their website is deliberately misleading and designed to deceive customers.

The fine print is displayed in an off-white and very small font on the actual order page and not the actual product page. I have snapshots clearly showing the deceitful practice.

When I called and complained they quickly offered a $50 refund however I said I wanted to check with my bank first. Unfortunately my bank was not able to file the dispute because the fine print was present at the time I placed the order. Apparently it does not matter that the fine print was illegible.

The merchant then withdrew the $50 refund offer feeling emboldened by my bank's inability to file a dispute. When I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor I was told there isn't one available, when I asked when one will be available the representative said she doesn't know. When I insisted, she hung up on me.

This clearly demonstrates the intent by this merchant to trap and defraud consumers by using loopholes in the laws regarding Font Color and Font Size in advertisements. Someone has to jump in and defend consumers from predators like eCig.

Please do not do business with this merchant unless you are able to read the fine print regarding the terms of the trial offer.

Review about: Electronic Cigarette.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $109
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Direct E Cig?

Comments

Gail

This ad is definitely misleading.Many smokers, including myself, want to quit smoking.

I purchased the $4.95 trial only to be charged $99.95 14 days later. Fortunately, I didn't try the ecig so I didn't open anything & my bank worked with me. I immediately sent it back (finding the correct return address was also hard) and made sure I had my return receipt. I gave copies to my bank and they took care of the rest.

I've learned my lesson: that these offers that are too good to be true are all lies!

By the way, there is no electronic cigarette for under $10--and that is a disposable one.When I was ready to spend the money, it was my choice of which one I would spend $100 on.

April

This product is awful, its misleading and no one will help you.I called the day after my 14 day trial and didn't know that I was supposed to send it back within 14 days.

When I told them that I didn't see of click on any terms and conditions they tried to tell me I did.

They are rude and a complete rip off.DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.