Dicks Sporting Goods - Customer Service

86 of 307 Dicks Sporting Goods reviews

Dicks Sporting goods, Colonial Heights Virginia - sucks.

I shop for the best deals and have shopped at Dicks Sporting Goods for years. The customer service at Colonial Heights Virginia, specifically Laurie and Blake, are crappy at best. I will not shop at Dicks for some time to come. It is quite evident Laurie and Blake could care less if a customer is satisfied or not.

I was shopping for a tree climber for hunting. At Dicks the cost - 279.99. Bass Pro had the same stand ten dollars cheaper. However the distance to Bass Pro would have cost me the ten dollars traveling so I purchased from Dicks at Colonial Heights. Big mistake, I should have traveled to a reputable company that stands by what they sell.

After getting home I found major parts missing, the seat. Blake was really a *** on the phone. Put me on hold to see if a seat was part of the stand. A tree stand for hunting that does not come with a seat, what an ***! He returned to the phone acting as if we had a bad connection, acting like an *** again. His only support; he would contact the manufacture and mail me a seat next week. I returned the tree stand. I had to deal with Laurie. By now it would have been cheaper to travel to Bass Pro.

I asked about a possible store credit to compensate my travels and loss time, or a possible discount on the returned tree stand. Laurie stated she was compensating me by having a seat mailed to me the following week. Such an arrogant C#@*! Now I’m out the travel cost to Dicks, two trips. And still have to travel to Bass Pro.

Never again! Shoppers beware.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Staff knowledge

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Summit Viper Sd Climbing Treestand
Review category
Sport
review #723152

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dicks Sporting Goods? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
86 of 307 Dicks Sporting Goods reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.