Devcon Security - Conned and trapped in ridiculous contract

2 of 56 Devcon Security reviews

I signed up with Devcon & was told it was a 1 year contract, last year they sold to Monitronics, which has terrible service.2-1/2 years later I am moving and I call them to cancel service & they're telling me it was a 3 year contract?

My old account information is in storage so I need to verify that but it makes me mad. I'd never have knowingly signed a contract for any service for 3 yrs - just not practical these days. I asked the guy at Monitronics if I could "buy-out" of my contract at a discount & he said no that I was stuck.... AND they will not stop monitoring the house until the contract expires - even though I sold the house and I warned the new owners to NOT use Monitronics.

How do they get away with that and no county permit??

I don't know how companies get away with this kind of mentality.I have home security and I don't even own a home!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Home Security System
Review category
Home Security
review #475342 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Devcon Security? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
2 of 56 Devcon Security reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
executiveresponseteam@mon

Feb 12, 2014 #784666 Dallas, Texas, United States

Hello,
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent customer service experience and I would like an opportunity to resolve your concerns. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 1-888-758-5900 from 9:30 am -6:00 pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
John Kyser
Executive Response Team

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Devcon Security.
Filing a new complaint about
×