Design 2 Recline - Furniture was delivered defective and/or damaged. Retailer is refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition, as ordered and paid for.
Update added by user Dec 15, 2014
The attached pics are of the love seat that was delivered December 8, 2014.
Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2014
We ordered a new living room set manufactured by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion on January 20, 2014.Defective and/or damaged furniture was delivered on April 7, 2014.
The seams were pulling apart, exposing the white inner material. Doughty's Furniture requested that we temporarily accept the furniture for inspection and guaranteed a brand new replacement set. Doughty's wanted to examine the furniture to determine if it was defective or damaged during shipping. As a result, we TEMPORARILY accepted the furniture and discarded our old set because of space limitations.
Defective and/or damaged replacement furniture was delivered on June 23, 2014, October 20, 2014 and December 08, 2014. Doughty's is now refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition as ordered and paid for; which is not requiring reconditioning. Furthermore, Doughty's has scheduled pick up of the living room set for December 22, 2014. I reminded Nancy, the Customer Service Rep for Doughty's, that we had to discard our old furniture to comply with their request of accepting the first defective and/or damaged living room set back on April 7, 2014.
Nancy told me that Doughty's was not concerned with how this situation was going to affect our holidays and refused to delay the pick up until after the New Years holiday.
I contacted Customer Service at Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion at 662-488-9301 on December 12, 2014. I spoke to a person who identified herself as Donna at Customer Service. Donna confirmed that Design 2 Recline and Southern Motion are the same company and that they go by different names at the various retailers.
Donna did some research and could not find any documentation that mentioned our name, location or Doughty's Furniture ordering a replacement set in our model and fabric. Donna stated that if Doughty's Furniture would take the appropriate steps with Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion, that we would receive a brand new living room set that would be in an acceptable condition to us. Unfortunately, she advised that their company policy is not to deal directly with the customer, regardless if the retailer is part of the problem.
No further assistance was offered by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Great job assembling furniture
- Delivery was on time
What I disliked
- Attitude 4 refusing reconditioned
- Defective or damaged furniture
- Time to resolve problems
- No concern 4 inconveniences caused
- Complaining about costs to resolve
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."