Design 2 Recline - Furniture was delivered defective and/or damaged. Retailer is refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition, as ordered and paid for.
Update added by user Dec 15, 2014
The attached pics are of the love seat that was delivered December 8, 2014.
Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2014
We ordered a new living room set manufactured by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion on January 20, 2014.Defective and/or damaged furniture was delivered on April 7, 2014.
The seams were pulling apart, exposing the white inner material. Doughty's Furniture requested that we temporarily accept the furniture for inspection and guaranteed a brand new replacement set. Doughty's wanted to examine the furniture to determine if it was defective or damaged during shipping. As a result, we TEMPORARILY accepted the furniture and discarded our old set because of space limitations.
Defective and/or damaged replacement furniture was delivered on June 23, 2014, October 20, 2014 and December 08, 2014. Doughty's is now refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition as ordered and paid for; which is not requiring reconditioning. Furthermore, Doughty's has scheduled pick up of the living room set for December 22, 2014. I reminded Nancy, the Customer Service Rep for Doughty's, that we had to discard our old furniture to comply with their request of accepting the first defective and/or damaged living room set back on April 7, 2014.
Nancy told me that Doughty's was not concerned with how this situation was going to affect our holidays and refused to delay the pick up until after the New Years holiday.
I contacted Customer Service at Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion at 662-488-9301 on December 12, 2014. I spoke to a person who identified herself as Donna at Customer Service. Donna confirmed that Design 2 Recline and Southern Motion are the same company and that they go by different names at the various retailers.
Donna did some research and could not find any documentation that mentioned our name, location or Doughty's Furniture ordering a replacement set in our model and fabric. Donna stated that if Doughty's Furniture would take the appropriate steps with Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion, that we would receive a brand new living room set that would be in an acceptable condition to us. Unfortunately, she advised that their company policy is not to deal directly with the customer, regardless if the retailer is part of the problem.
No further assistance was offered by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Great job assembling furniture
- Delivery was on time
What I disliked
- Attitude 4 refusing reconditioned
- Defective or damaged furniture
- Time to resolve problems
- No concern 4 inconveniences caused
- Complaining about costs to resolve
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."