Dentures and Dental Solutions - Lax, Negligent Service
I went to this business to get all upper teeth removed and a denture.The 1st day I had an x ray done, visited with John Hargett, dentist.
He told me it was doable, saw I had an impacted eye tooth but stated should be no problem. I was asked for $622 which I paid. I was scheduled to return on 1-2-2013 to have teeth extracted and pay another $622. Numbing and extraction of teeth took 22 minutes.
Hargett had problems removing tooth next to big front tooth. He had to numb twice and grind and grind in this area. I heard him say it was a problem and he was bearing down on my bottom lip which caught on my teeth. I cried out in pain.
The pressure in the front area was extreme while he was digging the tooth out. The asst. wiped my face off and handed me the denture to put in my mouth. I immediately said how is it going to stay in and it hurts in the back of my throat and in the front.
Pain was shooting in my eye area. The asst. says that is bc of the teeth removal. I said I didn't have teeth removed in the back.
She simply says," tell someone tomorrow when you come in and keep denture in all night."1-3-2013 I return and I again tell another woman fitting the denture of my pain. She looks at the denture and says, "Why yes there is a sharp point on the back of the denture." She goes and grinds. She comes back and says put it back in. I try and say it still hurts bad in the front in my eye and taking my nose off.
She says I can't grind more off of the nose area but I will try in the other area bc of the swelling is all. No one is looking at these areas! I try to wear again but can't. On the 12th of Jan.
I finally think I have got to find out what is hurting so bad. So I go in my bathroom and start a search for myself. I had stitches in the battlefield area that is always hurting, but the stitch has come out so what is it? I see a sharp splinter of something next to my inside lip and gum area.
I get closer and it is wedged in both and still attached to the gum. When the denture was first put in is was jammed into the upper lip and never did unattach from the gum. I've went 2 weeks in agony...stitches, this mess and dentures that touch my bottom lip with no room to put a spoon in! AND I FIND the impacted tooth sticking through my gum during my inspection.
I email and tell them I've found the problem. The manager calls on Monday and asks why I did not alert them to my problems! I've been twice and told them but no one listened or looked. I went back on the 16th and again was told impacted tooth would be my problem even Hargett agreed he did the pressure pulling teeth and caused it to come through.
Now I'm told oh they can't do this and I must find an oral surgeon. Did not tell me they couldn't handle it before the pulling. I was floored. So I find an oral surgeon and he advises me not to go back to them.
He says he will perform the surgery free because of all I've went through. I have contacted the complaint dept. at this business and all they say is come back and let us try to fix it after my surgery, but says the records show they have tried. Hogwash I found the reasons for all of my pain.
They have done nothing in that area but tell me it's due to the swelling. The denture looks like horse teeth and I paid for the best they had.
$1244 up front before the extractions.Well my surgery is tomorrow and Praise the Lord I feel confidant I am in good hands now.1-21-2013 day 19 the last pic of teeth.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "You have seen on the news just how much the state & federal agencies we pay taxes to that are suppose to protect us but don't!!!!!! Here is just..."
- "I went to Affordable dentures about 1 and half years ago, and had them make me an upper denture, when the teeth were pulled two months later the denture did..."
- "Stetic implant & dental centers a complete nightmare . needed emergency surgery when i got home , and several reconstructive surgeries . this place promised to..."
- "HI, I ORDERED A NIKON D5500 FOR $529.00 THEN WHEN I CALLED TO CHECK ON THE ORDER THEY TOLD ME I WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH THE US VERSION FOR..."
- "I purchased a Dodge Caliber 2yrs ago for my wife. Well everything was going good with the vehicle untill 06/10/2016 when the car started to sputter and leak an alarming..."
- "Leased a vehicle and 2 weeks later it died in the middle of the intersection after the radiator cooling fans stopped working, the air conditioning stopped working, the gas..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."