Dell - Technical Support...or lack there of

31 of 630 Dell reviews

I'm sorry to see that so many other people are having the same sort of frustration with Dell that I have been having.I did find a great blog with some suggestions about what you can do to actually get Dell's attention: dellscomplaint.blogspot.com.

Basically they recommend that you ask to speak to a manager and when that doesn't work they suggest you contact the BBB of central and south texas (www.bbb.org/central-texas). Also, if you used a credit card to purchase from Dell you might also be able to get them involved in your dispute.

As to the particulars of my personal issue: I bought a laptop from the Dell online store on July 17th. It took 10 days to ship to me.

I used it for two days before I began having graphics card issues. I ran Dell's diagnostics and it failed. The online system wanted to ship me a new graphics card that I would have to install myself. I was not okay with that (I mean it's a brand new computer.

It should be working perfectly. Why should I be the one tearing it apart to fix it?) So I called technical support and spent two hours on the phone having them walk me through updating my drivers (which I had already tried on my own) and that didn't fix the issue. However the drivers passed the diagnostics when run a second time. I was then told that they would have to research my problem and call me back.

The second technician called me back the next day. We went through the EXACT same routine, with the EXACT same result. Again I was told they would research the problem and call me back. Third technician, third day, and third try at installing the drivers to no avail.

I was then told it was a "software issue" and there was nothing they could do...at which point I lost my cool. I told the tech support person that I wanted to return the defective product and I was told that I couldn't. I was adamant that I could. He told me to call customer care.

I did not want to deal with anyone else on the phone so I filled out their return form online. I was told someone would contact me "shortly". That was two days ago. I filled out another return form yesterday.

I'll fill out another today and probably get my husband to call tonight since he isn't already ready to throttle somebody. If all else fails then I guess I will be taking the steps I mentioned above.

I will NEVER buy another Dell product again.This is ridiculous.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Inspiron 15 7000 Series
Review category
Computers
review #897643

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dell? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
31 of 630 Dell reviews

Dec 10, 2016 #1252970 Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

hi, Are you using dell system or laptop ? if your gonna any problem with technical, don't bother about that just ping me a call to this customer care number 1800 315 8369
dell technical support
dell customer support

0 0 Reply

Aug 31, 2016 #1206295 Houston, Texas, United States

Your experience is everyone's experience so I would like to reiterate your final statement.
Dell is unreliable, their products are ripe with problems and their service and support are non existent.
If you buy a Dell laptop it will cost you a lot more than the 200 to 300 dollars you will spend so my recommendation is
"DO NOT EVER, NO MATTER WHAT CONSIDER BUYING A DELL"

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.