I bought a book online from Deer Run Books which was described thusly: "Fine/Very Good/unclipped.Third Printing.
Very tight, clean copy with no damage to the pages or hard covers. Very tight spine and pages. very clean, bright dust jacket with no tears or creases." It arrived loose in an envelope with tears to the book jacket (one of which was 1/2" and very creased), an inscription on the fly leaf, unevenly faded covers to front and back which made 1 1/2" stripes across the cloth covers, and water damage/discoloration to the spine. DEFINITELY NOT AS DESCRIBED.
They did not reply to my email.I wouldn't trust this seller again.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- " I just had a guy who knocked on my door and told me he is in a public speaking contest and he needs to win points for the trip..."
- "There is a long history concerning this company, one that is characterized by the company’s persistent failure to respond to communication and requests for documentation of invoiced charges. After placing an..."
- "Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words... This is an error message I got from the LastPass plugin for Firefox under Linux. Shortly after this message my browser..."
- "Bought a Crate & Barrel sofa in May 2014. It didn't arrive until July 2014. Got all the extra fabric protections etc. Put it in a minimally used..."
- "I feel I was over charged for 3 deep dish pizzas. They are advertised at $8 +tax two different places. Then advertised @ $8.50 in one other location..."