Reply by Davison Inventions Sep 25, 2010

Previously you were asked to respond to CCA@davisoninvents.com in an email sent to you by Pissed Consumers. For some reason you elected not to respond. It is interesting that you received all manner of written disclosures from Davison stating how unlikely it would be that your product would result in licensing or profit and you were still ready to move ahead but changed your mind based on the anonymous postings of people you don’t know. Inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. You have to be willing to accept that inventing is high risk with no guarantees of profits. We are in the business of building product samples and packaging. When you are in business you are obliged to pay the staff, taxes, operation expenditures, vendors, telephone companies, utility companies, and so forth. You need to realize that being in business costs money, but we run into inventors such as yourself that think we should work for free while you gain the opportunity to collect royalties from our hard work. Simply put, it cost money to build products. You seem to forget that it was your invention and you contacted us seeking assistance. It is surprising how some people simply feel it is the responsibility of others to do the work for them. At least you now know the types of services you should be considering when developing an invention so you can price out the work. We can only assume that any companies that quote you in the future will be cast in a negative light too because they charge fees for their services. We wish you the best of luck with your invention or idea. Thank you, CCA
Author's
Columbus, Ohio
1.4K views 39 comments

i almost sent the paperwork in to Davidson inventions along w/ a payment until my mom said check w/b.b.b.

well i went on the computer and found this site first and seen all those poor people that lost there hard earned money.

that has changed my mind and i want to thank all of you that wrote in otherwise i would be their next victim.

is there any legitimate business out there for our idea's? good luck everyone .now I'm sad i thought i was going to

make a difference in somebodies life with my invention

Review about: Invention.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

chris
#192421

i feel sick I'm after giving them 3000 euro already before i found this page me and a friend put the money in we got a binder and thought we were flying with it its hard to stomach that the were ripping us of is there any way of getting our money back the guys names were MIKE TORRES and JAMES WOODROOF something like that i having told my friend yet he will be shattered

mike
#190878

I sent these people an idea accidently.I was putting in my information on thier website, then changed my mind and moved on to whatever.

They called me, then I looked up and saw all the reviews on these people and didnt answer. They have been calling me about 4 times a week for the last month. Leaving messages that sound like they're reading from a script, almost like a robot!! They wont stop calling!!

At first, they left messages being kind of forceful and rude, saying that if I didnt call them in 3 days, they would not call back and that was my last chance..

Then, a different person started calling.she sounds like a 90 year old woman robot.

P

they got me! thanks guys for sharing. i should have done my HW :upset :eek

Ted

Part of the reason I have an ex-wife is due to Davison Inventegraton.

She had an idea that was albeit a mediocre idea and I would never say to her that I thought that it was a dumb idea - but she went behind my back and started to talk to Bob Zarko (a name mentioned in a post above) from Davison Institute.

To this day I actually have NO idea what amount of money she had sunk into this bottomless pit but I have a rough idea that it was anywhere from five to seven hundred dollars.

When she received the "Great Binder" with her name on the cover filled with schematics of a treadmill I just about flipped my lid, needless to say I was on the phone with Mr Zarko immediately at first he wasn't going to speak with me so I called repeatedly as Pittsburgh is a local number to where I live - finally he took my call after I told him I looked his number up in the phone book and i'd be more than happy to call him at home. (Which I didn't really - I live in Canada).

When Mr. Zarko was on the phone he was a bit hesitant to speak to me but I finally got him to talk when I said again i'd be fine I could call him on his time at home he started to tell me how the process worked.

You pay them to perform market analysis research and like someone else said I kept the binder with the Adobe documents inside of it as a trophy, then if they think it's a profitable idea they proceed to a prototype which costs even more money - and of course EVERYTHING is a...

Long story short - I let Mr Zarko know that the next call he'd be getting was from my lawyer who I keep on retainer - and if he wanted to have a conversation with him again on his own time I'd be more then happy to let him give him a call at home - needless to say I got my money back and I kept the biner.

If it seems to good to be true...it usually is.

April Coleman

I just want to know the truth!

Techno, are you out there?

I would not send them any money if I were you.

Legitimate companies are not investigated by the FTC. Legitimate companies don't have to pay millions back in a class action lawsuit.

The sheer number of angry, disgruntled 'investors' who feel they were lied to, scammed, and ripped off is literally ASTONISHING. I have never seen one company with so much negative press. If I were you, I'd STAY AWAY.

LadyInventor

They are a scam. I submitted an idea thru an internet ad, not knowing their history. Immediately, I got a call from someone named Bob Zarko, who told me how he had worked in this business for 'over 30 years.' He asked me to type up a description of my idea and a drawing, then fax it to Davison. I did, and lo and behold he called me back the next day. Told me the idea was 'great' and they were ready to market it. (Luckily I had done my research and was prepared to tell him to hit the road.)

A red flag that I immeidately saw: My product is not ready for production; it needs more development, more work, and it involves new chemical processes (I am a chemist.) He skimmed right over than and starting talking to me about all the negative press that Davison has on the internet...how you cannot believe everything you read on the 'Net and what a fanstastic company it was.

I let him finish his speech (he was reading from a script, it seemed) and told him: "I am not sending you folks ANY money. My idea alone is intellectual property and it has monetary value. That's all I'm willing to do right now."

He hung up within 2 seconds.

That was 2 weeks ago. This morning I get a call from someone ELSE at Davison; she said her name was Patty. I told her that Mr. Zarko had already talked to me and hung up on me the minute I told him I would not be writing any checks. At first she said she had 'never heard of him.' Then she changed her story and...

I talked about my idea with her for a bit. (I'm not worried about anyone stealing it; there is a lot of work to still be done.) Then I told her the same thing I told the first guy; No Money. And guess what? She ended the call!

These people need to be put out of business.

The above comments represent my opinion only and are based on my personal experiences.

techno

i am in the process of sending them 695 dollars and by reading this makes me think twice the guy im talking to is anthony issacco if this this company really is a P.O.S. can somebody convince me not to talk with them anymore.

Chief ***sumer Advocate

On November 1, 2009, the executive management staff at Davison created a new position titled Chief Consumer Advocate. The core responsibilities of this position are to ensure that we are truly listening to you, hearing what you are saying, and taking our customer concerns directly to the office of the President. The mission of this position is “100% customer service based on Open, Honest and Accessible Communication.” We want you to know that we are on your side. We also understand that the consumer has a larger voice than ever before and they are not afraid to speak up. Several years ago, we began investigating the negativity about us on the Web and even joined a corporate advocacy program through a website that posts negative blogs. That investigation opened our eyes to the serious issues we face and how we are perceived in the online consumer world. What we uncovered was that only 30% of the nearly 100 complaints were from actual consumers. The majority of the blog postings came from competitors and people who have never submitted an idea to us. Finally, the vast majority of complaints were from inventors who did not want to do anything to help develop their inventions, but expected us to do this work for free. We honored our pledge on that site and worked hard to satisfy all clients who filed a complaint.

This new independent department called “Consumer Advocacy” is set up within the company to address every concern that a client may have with our...

This year’s new initiative is a challenging one as there are many new complaint websites and fewer requirements from complainers to provide accurate contact information that would help us to remedy situations. For this reason we are providing a reward for anyone who can help us separate the factual complaints from the bogus ones. To begin, if you need to communicate a concern to us, please email us at CCA@davisoninvents.com; this will ensure that your voice is heard. Next, we are offering a $300 reward for evidence that proves that a bogus complaint was submitted by a competitor or person not affiliated with us. All current and former employees are bound by an ethics and confidentiality agreement so we will pay $200 for evidence that exposes a former employee for slanderous and false statements intended to mislead and misinform customers. Finally, a payment of $100 will be given for contact information that leads us to a false statement(s) made by a former client. We have been in business for 20 years and we have more products on the shelf than any of our competitors. We appreciate everyone who encouraged us to take this stand to protect our name. Lastly, we strongly encourage all former, current and future clients to view our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website so you can get the answers directly from us.

Davison Chief Consumer Advocate

ratchet

I MY SELF AM THANKFULL FOR ALL OF YOU GUY AND GIRLS POSTING YOUR CONNENTS ON HERE IT LOOKS LIKE I WAS GOING TO GET DONE FOR 600 BUT SOME THING TOLD ME TO TYPE IN THE NAME DAVIDSON INVENTIONS AND A CLICKED ON A LINK THAT BROUGHT ME HERE TO THIS SITE.IM GLAD THAT THERE IS SOME OF US THAT HAVE BIG ENOUGH HEARTS TO SHARE THIS WITH EVERY ONE ELSE.

HOW CAN THEY LET COWARDS GET AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF BULL@#$%# ANYAWAY THANKES ALOT AND ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU WILL GET BLESSD SOME HOW.

JUST CONTINUE TO DO RIGHT, BY POSTING YOUR COMMENTS.THANKS: RATCHET