David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet - Chevrolet repairs - Bad Weld
Update added by user Aug 15, 2016
The dealership has yet again changed it's name to Jim Glover Chevrolet http://www.jimgloverchevyontheriver.com/ 2 name changes in less than a year!
On 5-26-16, I received a call from Jim Glover at Jim Glover Chevrolet, Caller ID 918-663-2300, new owner of the dealer where the repairs were done. He stated that “I will come after you” if anything negative is posted on social media about Jim Glover Chevrolet. He also stated he wouldn't do anything to resolve and kept interrupting me to talk down to me.
Chevrolet Customer Assistance said to work with the Chevrolet dealer at that location now and wouldn't help further.
All a big runaround.Chevrolet points to the dealership and the dealership points elsewhere.
Update added by user Jan 12, 2016
Chevrolet attorney contacted me with insults, but wouldn't put anything in writing. I offered to forward a copy of the CarFax and the email from the guy that was the previous manager of the dealer of the entire dealership, but she said it wouldn't add value. She said the weld has been reviewed by Chevrolet Staff.
Update added by user Dec 11, 2015
Fowler Chevrolet, part of http://www.fowlerauto.com/ (recently changed their name) with Fowler Toyota, repaired our 2008 Impala after an accident.First round repairs were $9,800 on a $12,000 vehicle and then CARFAX showed frame damage above and beyond the accident notation after the repairs!
It was in the shop over 7 weeks and insurance only covered for 30 days of a rental vehicle, but since we were renting from their fleet, they had no incentive to get it done.
I requested quality assurance in writing regarding the repair area after the CarFax concerns. I also requested more information regarding if the welder was certified etc..., but have not received anything substantial in writing.
The body shop manager, Chris Helm, was terminated soon after our repairs.
We took a huge loss when selling the vehicle because of the CarFax notation of the "Structural" issues beyond the wreck.
Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2015
I would like to see a repair accountability process at Auto Manufacturer's authorized dealerships. Spending more to repair a vehicle than it was worth prior to the wreck only lines the pockets of the dealers.
On the same day of the accident, I emailed the body shop "Please don’t proceed with significant repairs until the frame structure is determined to be fine ", but they started without contacting me.
See attached weld/repair from Fowler Chevrolet (now David Stanley's Riverside Chevrolet) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. General Motors/Chevrolet sent in a representative that gave their OK to this! See attached picture.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Refund for value reduction because of Carfax showing "Structural Damage" of $10,000 that helps cover my time on this.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet Auto Repair
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "I contacted the dealer where we bought our Cougar and showed him pictures of the delaminating that is taking place on the front Panel. He said that Keystone..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "I received in the postal mail yesterday 01-14-17 five packages from Nationwide Bank mailed from zip code "02021" which is Canton Massachusetts, 25 account numbers that I "supposedly" opened. The..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "Terrible internet service. My husband and I started with Pioneer for a month's ago. And we have the gamer package. And all it does is buffer. And it's expensive. I..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Dutchman Voltage from Camping World in Las Vegas 1-10-2015. I was spending the winter in Needles RV Marina which is 90 miles from Las Vegas. When..."
- "www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk is a scam. I paid and waited 5 days for no response. Then I got an email stating that the time has come and I can now pay for..."