David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet - Chevrolet repairs - Bad Weld

1 of 1 David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet reviews

Update added by user Aug 15

The dealership has yet again changed it's name to Jim Glover Chevrolet http://www.jimgloverchevyontheriver.com/ 2 name changes in less than a year!

On 5-26-16, I received a call from Jim Glover at Jim Glover Chevrolet, Caller ID 918-663-2300, new owner of the dealer where the repairs were done. He stated that “I will come after you” if anything negative is posted on social media about Jim Glover Chevrolet.  He also stated he wouldn't do anything to resolve and kept interrupting me to talk down to me.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance said to work with the Chevrolet dealer at that location now and wouldn't help further.

All a big runaround.Chevrolet points to the dealership and the dealership points elsewhere.

Update added by user Jan 12

Chevrolet attorney contacted me with insults, but wouldn't put anything in writing. I offered to forward a copy of the CarFax and the email from the guy that was the previous manager of the dealer of the entire dealership, but she said it wouldn't add value. She said the weld has been reviewed by Chevrolet Staff.

Update added by user Dec 11, 2015

Fowler Chevrolet, part of http://www.fowlerauto.com/ (recently changed their name) with Fowler Toyota, repaired our 2008 Impala after an accident.First round repairs were $9,800 on a $12,000 vehicle and then CARFAX showed frame damage above and beyond the accident notation after the repairs!

It was in the shop over 7 weeks and insurance only covered for 30 days of a rental vehicle, but since we were renting from their fleet, they had no incentive to get it done.

I requested quality assurance in writing regarding the repair area after the CarFax concerns. I also requested more information regarding if the welder was certified etc..., but have not received anything substantial in writing.

The body shop manager, Chris Helm, was terminated soon after our repairs.

We took a huge loss when selling the vehicle because of the CarFax notation of the "Structural" issues beyond the wreck.

Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2015

I would like to see a repair accountability process at Auto Manufacturer's authorized dealerships. Spending more to repair a vehicle than it was worth prior to the wreck only lines the pockets of the dealers.

On the same day of the accident, I emailed the body shop "Please don’t proceed with significant repairs until the frame structure is determined to be fine ", but they started without contacting me.

See attached weld/repair from Fowler Chevrolet (now David Stanley's Riverside Chevrolet) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. General Motors/Chevrolet sent in a representative that gave their OK to this! See attached picture.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Refund for value reduction because of Carfax showing "Structural Damage" of $10,000 that helps cover my time on this.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet Auto Repair
Review category
Dealers
review #749272 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 02 #1221472 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

I will never buy anything from Jim Glover Chevrolet, they should take care of this. That picture is a good example of horrible workmanship.

10 0 Reply

Oct 03 #1221838 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

Wow, that weld is bad. Wonder if they train these guys?
Jim Glover is responsible, they own the place now and probably knew what they were getting into.

5 0 Reply

Oct 28 #1233326 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

I bought a new Impala from Jim Glover with free oil change program. Before our summer road trip, I went to get an oil change and had to pay for it because they will not honor them at less than 5,000 miles. I explained we were leaving on a long trip and knew we would hit 5,000 miles while on the road. I asked for prorated cost to be fair and they refused and I paid for full cost of oil change.
Jim Glover, never returned my call. Chevrolet Customer Service 800# said I needed to work it out with the dealer since I didn't go 5,000 miles per the agreement.

Mar 30 #1136343

The dealership has yet again changed it's name: http://www.jimgloverchevyontheriver.com/ 2 name changes in less than a year!

13 0 Reply

Sep 28 #1219565 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

I don't understand why Chevrolet won't take care of this? That weld looks horrible.
You need to write General Motors.

Oct 05 #1222756 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

These dealers are always changing their names and this one still needs to fix this horrible workmanship if this picture is correct. I will never buy a Chevrolet again if this is what I can expect from their Service departments!

6 0 Reply

Oct 12 #1225899 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

Whatever Chevy dealer is at that location is responsible, hold Glover Chevrolet accountable. That weld was obviously done by someone that didn't know how to weld.

4 0 Reply

Oct 17 #1228124 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

These dealers change their names all the time, but the location is what is important. The sign out front still says "Chevrolet". Jim Glover needs to help on this, period!
Whoever made this weld wasn't trained or didn't care.
Don't let these crooks push you around!

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet.
Filing a new complaint about
×