David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet - Chevrolet repairs - Bad Weld
Update added by user Aug 15, 2016
The dealership has yet again changed it's name to Jim Glover Chevrolet http://www.jimgloverchevyontheriver.com/ 2 name changes in less than a year!
On 5-26-16, I received a call from Jim Glover at Jim Glover Chevrolet, Caller ID 918-663-2300, new owner of the dealer where the repairs were done. He stated that “I will come after you” if anything negative is posted on social media about Jim Glover Chevrolet. He also stated he wouldn't do anything to resolve and kept interrupting me to talk down to me.
Chevrolet Customer Assistance said to work with the Chevrolet dealer at that location now and wouldn't help further.
All a big runaround.Chevrolet points to the dealership and the dealership points elsewhere.
Update added by user Jan 12, 2016
Chevrolet attorney contacted me with insults, but wouldn't put anything in writing. I offered to forward a copy of the CarFax and the email from the guy that was the previous manager of the dealer of the entire dealership, but she said it wouldn't add value. She said the weld has been reviewed by Chevrolet Staff.
Update added by user Dec 11, 2015
Fowler Chevrolet, part of http://www.fowlerauto.com/ (recently changed their name) with Fowler Toyota, repaired our 2008 Impala after an accident.First round repairs were $9,800 on a $12,000 vehicle and then CARFAX showed frame damage above and beyond the accident notation after the repairs!
It was in the shop over 7 weeks and insurance only covered for 30 days of a rental vehicle, but since we were renting from their fleet, they had no incentive to get it done.
I requested quality assurance in writing regarding the repair area after the CarFax concerns. I also requested more information regarding if the welder was certified etc..., but have not received anything substantial in writing.
The body shop manager, Chris Helm, was terminated soon after our repairs.
We took a huge loss when selling the vehicle because of the CarFax notation of the "Structural" issues beyond the wreck.
Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2015
I would like to see a repair accountability process at Auto Manufacturer's authorized dealerships. Spending more to repair a vehicle than it was worth prior to the wreck only lines the pockets of the dealers.
On the same day of the accident, I emailed the body shop "Please don’t proceed with significant repairs until the frame structure is determined to be fine ", but they started without contacting me.
See attached weld/repair from Fowler Chevrolet (now David Stanley's Riverside Chevrolet) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. General Motors/Chevrolet sent in a representative that gave their OK to this! See attached picture.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Refund for value reduction because of Carfax showing "Structural Damage" of $10,000 that helps cover my time on this.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet Auto Repair
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Freedom Boat Club Myrtle Beach is a scam they target elderly people because they say they are "easier to get money out of and they never use the boats because..."
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "This the email stating actual and true facts and I did offer to provide to them actual documented proof from physicians. I am now convinced that even the executives do..."
- "Terrible internet service. My husband and I started with Pioneer for a month's ago. And we have the gamer package. And all it does is buffer. And it's expensive. I..."
- "I had combination skin (dry AND oily), dark spots and fine wrinkles. I was asked by a consultant to try Rodan + Fields products for 30 days. I did that..."