David L Ross Construction - David L. Ross Construction - Home contractor walked off the job
Update added by user Jul 29, 2011
David L. Ross Construction is located in Indian Mound, Tn 37079, not Woodlawn, Tn.
Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2011
David L. Ross Construction(DLRC), Woodlawn, TN is an unlicensed construction contractor.
DLRC signed a contract to provided turnkey construction of my new home. Under TN statute all construction contractors acting as a General Contractor for the construction of new residences are required to be licensed by the State of Tennessee.
DLRC began construction and hired subcontractors. After one of his employees was injured on the job, I found out that DLRC did not carry Worker's Compensation, was not licensed by the state of Tennessee, and did not carry required liability insurance.
When I requested confirmation of DLRC's License, Worker's Compensation, and Liability Insurance, he "quit" working and walked off the job. DLRC was not paying required withholding taxes on employees.
The work completed by DLRS is substandard and I have incurred substantial expense having the framing work corrected.
The subcontractors hired by DLRC, Heflin Roofing and Construction, and Yarbrough Electric Services were not carrying Worker's Compensation, and were not paying unemployment taxes.
Use "Extreme Caution" when dealing with this individual.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I have had nothing but problems with Intoxalock!! I have spent more time trying to right the wrongs they have committed against me! This morning they took $276.00 out of..."
- "We buy the 45 calorie bread. The last loaf I bought i couldnt use for sandwiches which is why I buy bread. It had huge air pocket holes in it...."
- "Jordan Creek Mall Des Moines IA. Asked for simple clean up. This is what I got! BEFORE her handywork and AFTER. She wanted to charge me for her mistake and then send me..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."