We utilized Dallas Energy Efficient Products to install a new $7,300 Provia door system. The door arrived damaged on the installer's trailer. We noticed this when the installer was hammering on the damaged area in an attempt to correct or minimize the damage. The installer had not bothered to examine the door before he picked it up at the deliver point, even though the exterior boxing had obvious damage and he stated that he had noticed the box damage!. The installer then wanted to leave the damaged doors at our home as he stated that taking them away in his open-bead trailer might cause more damage. This waisted two hours of our time. The doors remained at our home's garage for almost two weeks while the owner and the manufacturer debated over replacing and/or repairing the damaged doors. We were told the manufacturer would come out to inspect them from Provia. He never showed. We had to file a BBB claim at this point due to the concern that the company or the manufacaturer (Provia) would try to minimize its loss and 'repair' the damaged doors that the installer should never have signed off on at the freight delivery point due to the obvious box damage.
We wanted the doors replaced in their entirety, but opted to allow the expensive, custom glass inserts to be re-used as we were told this would result in only a two week turn around in getting our new doors delivered vs. four weeks if we wanted new glass manufactured. We were also insured that the new glass would NOT be installed with liquid silcone, as we did not trust the installer to put the new glass in properly, since he had never done it before on a Provia door. We were assured by the Provia representative, Andy that no liquid silicone would be used to install the new glass, as the trim would come with a seal already cured.
Four weeks later, not two weeks as we were told, the new doors were installed with the original glass. The glass had been swapped out by the installer, and liquid silicone residue was evident on the trim and glass!
The installer was observed during every aspect of the installation and did NOT use a plumb line or level at any time to install the frame, even though he was told we had an older home which had piers installed to correct our foundation problems.
The double doors were installed in their pre-hung frame NOT level at the base or along the sides, resulting in these beautiful doors looking like they are leaning to one side. When we called the owner, Mr. Gregg Graham, he was upset that we would complain and blamed the door problem on, you guessed it, our foundation and 'allowable' tolerances. He would not explain why his installer did not use a plumb line or level to install the doors, even though this is apparently common practice when doing a professional install. His installer did come back out to 'adjust' the door. This adjustment resulted in the installer making one door lower than the other, and one of the hinges groaning and creaking very loudly. When we contacted our sales representative Rob about this problem, Mr. Graham actually replied to us and became both insulting and retaliatory in his response. He also refused to come out out to inspect the problem or offer any solutions.
We will be utilizing a master carpenter to rehang the door system, and suing Mr. Graham's company, Dallas Energy Efficient Products, for the cost to install the door plumb.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Provia Double Door System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In Filter Mode the spa does not pull water through the filter. Virtually no suction. For past three weeks I have sent photos and mpegs to the Dimension One service..."
- "I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a..."
- "Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used. Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion..."
- "Hello to Harley Davidson people out there. Let me tell you about Demon's Cycle Pompano Beach. I did see complaints on he Harley Forum on these pigs . People on..."
- "Bought a iPhone 6 128gb for 749.99 with fees came out to 800$ even had to do a down payment of 73 and some change. A month and a half..."
- "I am so done with these people! I advise that you NEVER order from them. Yeah, I love the products and things but it is not worth it! I am..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."