Carson City, Nevada

Purchased Dacor refrig $6899, 2yrs 8mos it broke. Augur motor freezes up due to condensation in freezer, augur motor runs constantly. Protek Industries came and said we had to pay $626.90? We need an evaporative pan assembly, that is NOT part of our refrig. This is a defect and they said we have to pay? Gave repairman $300 deposit and now he won't come back. It has been over 2 weeks. During that time the $468 microwave quit. Repairman won't come out for that either.

Related: Dacor Products and Service are Poor

In contact with Dacor in CA, no response.

This is the 2nd refrig, 1st one lasted 2 weeks, defect with doors, won't close and seal.

Don't buy Dacor Appliances

Review about: Dacor Epicure Refrigerator.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Dacor Refrigerator
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $6899
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Dacor?

Comments

2404omaze

Guess this is why Sears still sells refrigerators and washer/driers.

Appliance Guy

FYI the refer is made by Whirlpool for Dacor and is the same as Kitchen Aid and Jenn-Air....

Mark

I have Decor EF42BNDBSS refrigerator that forms ice sickle on the top and stops the fan.My frig is about 4 years old.

No response from Decor service. I too have to replace the evaporator pan because the heating elements in it have failed to work.

How can Decor continue to sell such defective products and stay in business.I owned a Sub Zero and was happy with their service department.